Announcing the new Content Management Professionals Organization: Become a charter member, spread the word, come to our first face-to-face meeting later this year!

  • Hilary Marsh
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2004
      I am pleased to be part of the formation of the first association for
      content management professionals, which is making its official launch
      today. Our website is brand-new and still in its infancy, but we have
      high hopes that this organization will provide much-needed community,
      awareness and standards for the people and practices of content
      management.

      Please feel free to distribute this widely.

      And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me
      with questions.

      Best,

      Hilary Marsh

      P.S. Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this announcement.

      NEW CONTENT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONALS ORGANIZATION
      ANNOUNCED TODAY

      CM Professionals: A Content Management Community of Practice

      Media Contact:
      Bob Doyle, executive director
      +1 617 876 5678
      media@...
      http://www.cmprofessionals.org

      Silver Spring MD, September 20, 2004. A group of thirty content
      management experts from around the world has announced the
      formation of CM Professionals, an international community of
      content management professionals whose purpose is to further
      best practices based on shared experiences of experts and peers.

      CM Pros offers a members-only mailing list, a collaborative
      website,discussion forums, issue-oriented group blogs, knowledge
      wikis, syndicated web services, a job board, a professional
      directory and a calendar of face-to-face meeting opportunities.

      CM Pros president Bob Boiko, author of the "Content Management
      Bible" and director of the University of Washington iSchool
      CMS Evaluation Lab, says, "As the first group of its kind, CM Pros
      is a membership organization that enables content management
      practitioners to share information, practices and strategies.
      This organization is needed to help move the discipline of
      content management forward, helping practitioners avoid the
      pitfalls and costly mistakes made by others."

      "We also envision a variety of members-only services, including
      a newsletter, professional discounts and summit-type gatherings
      devoid of marketing hype," says Tony Byrne, CMS Watch editor and
      CM Pros treasurer.

      "CM Pros will raise awareness of content management as an essential
      discipline that builds value, both financial and human, for
      companies and organizations," says Ann Rockley, author of "Managing
      Enterprise Content" and secretary of CM Pros.

      CM Professionals will hold its first CM Summit, in conjunction with
      the Gilbane Conference on Content Management Technologies, Tuesday,
      November 30, 2004 in Boston, Mass. (U.S.A.).

      Information on the Gilbane Conference on Content Management
      Technologies: http://www.gilbane.com/CM_conference_Boston_04.html.

      As CM Professionals grows, Boiko says, "We will work closely with
      other organizations that share many of our goals. We will coordinate
      our thinking about recommended standards for best practices with these
      organizations, and we hope to work closely with graduate schools that
      are training the next generation of information professionals."

      ABOUT CM PROFESSIONALS
      CM Professionals is the premier community of practice for people
      involved with managing content for electronic and other media.
      CM Professionals collects, develops, organizes and provides access
      to knowledge about content management through online resources, email
      interaction and face-to-face summits. By identifying, refining,
      publicizing and advocating for respected content management practices
      and models, CM Professionals educates and fosters interaction among
      content management professionals, enterprise leadership, product
      vendors and university educators. For more information, please visit
      the website: http://www.cmprofessionals.org.

      ###

      --
      Hilary Marsh
      president, content company inc

      Monthly newsletter with tips and tricks for keeping your website
      fresh, relevant and strategic -- subscribe at
      http://www.contentcompany.biz, or send a message to
      contentnews@... with the word "subscribe" in the
      subject line.

      New email list for online content managers: