RE: [ia-cms-l] Migration projects

  • Stewart Dean
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25 2:34 AM
      Hi Todd,

      I have redesigned several corporate sites and incorporated CMS systems when
      doing this. I have several questions for you. By migration are you literaly
      trying to convert a non CMS site into a CMS site? How wide is your scope -
      is there a clear area you have control over or do you have to provide a
      frame work for other related companies to work with (or offices in other
      countries)? Are you an information architect and familair with user cented
      design and if so how much of the UCD stuff have you done already? Conversly
      if you havnt do you want general advice about best methods here?

      Also - how big is the project. All enterprise companies think their site is
      big or huge (or needs to be) when often the site or potential site is much
      simpler and smaller than they think. How many pages, roughly, is the site?
      What is the rough functionality/content split. Also how 'siloed' is the site
      - that is how entrenched in business devisions is the site (does it reflect
      the company structure?)

      I understand that the politics of the situation you are in may be fairly
      complex. Politics is often a large percent of any project for an enterprise
      level client. What kind of resources and structure do you currently have for
      the project?

      I know this may appear like a lot of questions but the ideal method of site
      migration change according to these factors. I'm sure I and others can help
      you better with a bit more background infomation, avoiding specifics of
      course for client confidentiality reasons.

      Cheers

      Stewart Dean - User Experience Architect
      www.empathydigital.com