New -To me- Mac Book Pro

  • wyldceltic1
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17 8:42 AM
      I'm moving files and such to the new baby, and want to bring over my iWeb things and
      publish from here. I would like a set of istructions so I don't flub it up.

      What needs to be moved into the MBP rom my 'established' G5 iMac, and all so I can directly
      publish from the MBP instead?

      Sorry if this is all old news to y'all, but I looked at APPLE's site and it took me all over heck's
      high water and nothing definitive. Thanks for your tolerence.
      My MBP was a fabulous gift! A first generation 1.83 ICD with 1 GB RAM and 80 GB HD. SO
      BEAUTIFUL!

      Jenny
    • Just Murray
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 17 9:49 AM
        IIRC its the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iweb.plist and ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb
        ~KM
        Kris "Murray"
        www.jm-publishing.com • http://web.mac.com/kriswmurray1
        --------------------
        "The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd.  The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been." ~ Alan Ashley-Pitt

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 18 11:19 PM
          --- In iWeb-list@yahoogroups.com, Just Murray <lists@...> wrote:

          > IIRC its the ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iweb.plist and ~/Library/
          > Application Support/iWeb
          > ~KM
          > Kris "Murray"
          > www.jm-publishing.com • http://web.mac.com/kriswmurray1

          So, finding these on the G5 and taking them to the MBP will then make it good to let me
          update and publish from thre instead of the F%... I should probably also move files, my
          podcasts and such too, for the past pages already up eh?

          Thanks for this...I'll get all the details and move 'em on then by Sunday or Monday.
        • Wyldceltic1
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 18 11:29 PM
            Man, My typing is BAD... I MEANT to type "So, finding these on the G5 and taking them to the MBP will then make it good to let me  update and publish from there instead of the G5..."

            I think I need my beddles. Long day tomorrow.