upload to ftp

  • caribsea@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2009
      I have my own Web site -- Dreamweaver generated -- but chose to create a very simple one for a friend in iWeb, not that I have OS X 10.5.8.
      I registered a domain name for him through my hosting account and created a fold for his files on Fetch.
      I had a hard time getting the publish settings just right but finally got the test connection to be successful. I published the site to a local folder. I was able to "Put" them up with Fetch, When I try to open the site in Safari, I get a message that Safari can't find the server:

      Safari can't open the page "http://www.joemillerwoodcarver.com/" because Safari can't find the server "www.joemillerwoodcarver.com".

      I'm afraid I'm completely lost and hope that this is the place for help.

      Willi
      G4PB 15" al. OS X 10.5.8
    • Bobbo

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2009
          If you know the IP address of the server, try using it in your address bar, like http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. If that works, then that would indicate that the domain name servers haven't been updated with the new domain name.

          -gordon

          --
          Gordon B. Alley
          http://www.gordonalley.com