Again and again and again....

  • Bobbo G
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2009
      All I have to say about our "beloved" program (all that is printable) is that, without Dreamweaver to clean up after it, iWeb would be absolutely useless. Here is the latest in my ongoing misadventures with iWeb:

      Decided to shorten my website, remove verbiage. But I wanted to keep the old one. Easy: Just created a new website, duplicated the pages from the original (Welcome2, etc.) and moved them site-to-site in the sidebar. All well and good, worked like a charm.

      That is, until I got to the blog. No way to duplicate that, so I just moved it, figuring I could always move it back.

      Well, when I go to my site and select the blog, I get an empty entries page, just the heading and my intro paragraph. No entries at all. Back in iWeb, the Archive page is indeed empty, although the main blog page shows a list of all the entries in place.

      More: When I try to move the blog stuff back into the old file, no go. The indicator line showing where I tried to move it just sits there.

      I have had it with this unpredictable, illogical, easy unless you wanna use it piece of garbage, and my question here is simply whether someone can recommend a decent replacement. Even if I have to do all my blogs over again, it's better than constantly throwing myself on the spiky mercy of a program that has so repeatedly demonstrated its unreliability. Many thanks for any suggestions. I'd like something that is template based, makes it easy to use in terms of creating photo and blog pages, but is predictable in its behavior and creates reasonably Earth-like code!

      With all best regards,
      Bobbo