create a link from an album page?

  • octbaby1999
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 16, 2009
      Is it possible to create a hyperlink from text in a description listed on a photo on an album page?

      I am trying to sell sterling silver jewelry and would like to list several albums..one for earring, one for bracelets, etc. I would like to list 3 lines of text for each photo on the album page and include a hyperlink to paypal within the lines of description for each photo. (add to cart or purchase)

      Is this possible? If it is possible to create a link with description text on an album page, how do I use a word, like PURCHASE, to link to Paypal, not a giant orange ADD TO CART button for each photo. The orange buttons under each photo will look terrible.

      Thanks for the help!!

      Carolyn
    • Bobbo
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 16, 2009
        Not, apparently, on the composite photo page. The option to "Enable as a Hyperlink" remains greyed out.

        However, when you double-click the image and go to the full-page-with-same-text page, the option is enabled and works fine. I tried one to see if the active-link status would remain when I went back to the album page, but no luck. I also tried enabling the graphic itself on the album page as a hyperlink, but no go there either. This is in iWeb 09.

        A web widget also popped in there OK, but with the results you already achieved and didn't want. You could, of course, add a line of title, "Purchase," and enable that as a link to a Paypal page, but it would show on the Album page as well, where it would be inactive.

        Maybe someone else will have a method.

        Bobbo

        On Apr 16, 2009, at 7:11PM ~4/16/09, octbaby1999 wrote:

        Is it possible to create a hyperlink from text in a description listed on a photo on an album page?

        I am trying to sell sterling silver jewelry and would like to list several albums..one for earring, one for bracelets, etc. I would like to list 3 lines of text for each photo on the album page and include a hyperlink to paypal within the lines of description for each photo. (add to cart or purchase)

        Is this possible? If it is possible to create a link with description text on an album page, how do I use a word, like PURCHASE, to link to Paypal, not a giant orange ADD TO CART button for each photo. The orange buttons under each photo will look terrible.

        Thanks for the help!!

        Carolyn

      • Adam H. Berkey
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 16, 2009
          Can you put an object over the description text to hide them, create a new text box and place it where the description text is, type out the words you want, and make those linkable? I'm not familiar with your pages, but I know I can do this typically on all the pages I've worked in thus far.

          -Atom

          ==
          --- In iWeb-list@yahoogroups.com, "octbaby1999" <mamatutu@...> wrote:

          > Is it possible to create a hyperlink from text in a description listed on a photo on an album page?
          >
          > I am trying to sell sterling silver jewelry and would like to list several albums..one for earring, one for bracelets, etc. I would like to list 3 lines of text for each photo on the album page and include a hyperlink to paypal within the lines of description for each photo. (add to cart or purchase)
          >
          > Is this possible? If it is possible to create a link with description text on an album page, how do I use a word, like PURCHASE, to link to Paypal, not a giant orange ADD TO CART button for each photo. The orange buttons under each photo will look terrible.
          >
          > Thanks for the help!!
          >
          > Carolyn

        • fabartist
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 17, 2009
            You can create a link on the album page and/ or the first page that takes you to the album. I have no problem doing that...

            But what I'm finding does NOT work is that when I upload an album it lets me scroll with the mouse to see different images before I go live "test the site" on my desktop... but for some reason it will not let me scroll when it's posted!!!!!

            The link I'm talking about is called "Mug Shots" and it's on my home page... would really like this scroll feature ... any suggestions anyone???

            Collene

            http://www.thevanitysite.com

            --- In iWeb-list@yahoogroups.com, "Adam H. Berkey" <pole_buildings@...> wrote:

            > Can you put an object over the description text to hide them, create a new text box and place it where the description text is, type out the words you want, and make those linkable? I'm not familiar with your pages, but I know I can do this typically on all the pages I've worked in thus far.
            >
            > -Atom
            >
            > ==
            > --- In iWeb-list@yahoogroups.com, "octbaby1999" <mamatutu@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Is it possible to create a hyperlink from text in a description listed on a photo on an album page?
            > >
            > > I am trying to sell sterling silver jewelry and would like to list several albums..one for earring, one for bracelets, etc. I would like to list 3 lines of text for each photo on the album page and include a hyperlink to paypal within the lines of description for each photo. (add to cart or purchase)
            > >
            > > Is this possible? If it is possible to create a link with description text on an album page, how do I use a word, like PURCHASE, to link to Paypal, not a giant orange ADD TO CART button for each photo. The orange buttons under each photo will look terrible.
            > >
            > > Thanks for the help!!
            > >
            > > Carolyn

          • fabartist
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 17, 2009
              You can create a link on the album page and/ or the first page that takes you to the album. I have no problem doing that...

              But what I'm finding does NOT work is that when I upload an album it lets me scroll with the mouse to see different images before I go live "test the site" on my desktop... but for some reason it will not let me scroll when it's posted!!!!!

              The link I'm talking about is called "Mug Shots" and it's on my home page... would really like this scroll feature ... any suggestions anyone???

              Collene

              http://www.thevanitysite.com

              --- In iWeb-list@yahoogroups.com, "Adam H. Berkey" <pole_buildings@...> wrote:

              > Can you put an object over the description text to hide them, create a new text box and place it where the description text is, type out the words you want, and make those linkable? I'm not familiar with your pages, but I know I can do this typically on all the pages I've worked in thus far.
              >
              > -Atom
              >
              > ==
              > --- In iWeb-list@yahoogroups.com, "octbaby1999" <mamatutu@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Is it possible to create a hyperlink from text in a description listed on a photo on an album page?
              > >
              > > I am trying to sell sterling silver jewelry and would like to list several albums..one for earring, one for bracelets, etc. I would like to list 3 lines of text for each photo on the album page and include a hyperlink to paypal within the lines of description for each photo. (add to cart or purchase)
              > >
              > > Is this possible? If it is possible to create a link with description text on an album page, how do I use a word, like PURCHASE, to link to Paypal, not a giant orange ADD TO CART button for each photo. The orange buttons under each photo will look terrible.
              > >
              > > Thanks for the help!!
              > >
              > > Carolyn

            • Adam Berkey
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 17, 2009
                Collene, the link on your page is giving me a "Page Not Found" error.  -Friday Morning 7/17 - 7:30 am

                _____

                You can create a link on the album page and/ or the first page that takes you to the album. I have no problem doing that...

                But what I'm finding does NOT work is that when I upload an album it lets me scroll with the mouse to see different images before I go live "test the site" on my desktop... but for some reason it will not let me scroll when it's posted!!!!!

                The link I'm talking about is called "Mug Shots" and it's on my home page... would really like this scroll feature ... any suggestions anyone???

                Collene

                http://www.thevanit ysite.com

                --- In iWeb-list@yahoogrou ps.com, "Adam H. Berkey" <pole_buildings@ ...> wrote:

                > Can you put an object over the description text to hide them, create a new text box and place it where the description text is, type out the words you want, and make those linkable? I'm not familiar with your pages, but I know I can do this typically on all the pages I've worked in thus far.
                >
                > -Atom
                >
                > ==
                > --- In iWeb-list@yahoogrou ps.com, "octbaby1999" <mamatutu@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Is it possible to create a hyperlink from text in a description listed on a photo on an album page?
                > >
                > > I am trying to sell sterling silver jewelry and would like to list several albums..one for earring, one for bracelets, etc. I would like to list 3 lines of text for each photo on the album page and include a hyperlink to paypal within the lines of description for each photo. (add to cart or purchase)
                > >
                > > Is this possible? If it is possible to create a link with description text on an album page, how do I use a word, like PURCHASE, to link to Paypal, not a giant orange ADD TO CART button for each photo. The orange buttons under each photo will look terrible.
                > >
                > > Thanks for the help!!
                > >
                > > Carolyn

              • fabartist
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 20, 2009
                  Thanks --

                  Got the link working but the album doesn't let you do the "scroll over thingy" where you can see all the images that are in the album. If you click it you can see all the images but not if you scroll ... it works in iWeb app' and it works on desktop but not when I go live.

                  The link is from the "Vanity Mug" on the lower left corner of my home page.

                  http://www.thevanitysite.com