Re: How-To Part Two!

  • fabartist
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
      Al --

      I think I found your website the first time round when I "Googled" cool iWeb sites. And I
      do think your site is cool! Very easy to navigate and your talent is fantastic! I like how
      "clean" your site/ presentation is. Would love to know which template, if any, you used
      for "comic book art."

      Making a few changes on iWeb pages:
      I publish to a folder first ... I would do that even if I was going to publish to a .mac
      account because it's the best way to "try out" a site. Also, I think that's the way you can
      make some html changes... I wonder if you are a dot.mac account, can you publish the
      folder to a site?

      I use an FTP to u/L. With what seems like a million glitches in iWeb, most especially with
      text here's how I combine a my html knowledge w/ iWeb.

      IWeb.... Even if I'm making a change on one page, I have to publish the whole site to a
      folder ...

      Once I publish to a folder, I can u/load a single page at a time with desired changes...I go
      to WORD. Once open, I go to FILE and open the html document from the site folder i.e.
      bio.html. When I open, a little window pops on the screen, I hit OK -- it's something
      about the css files. (cascading style sheets)

      Once doc is opened, I go to VIEW and drag down and click VIEW HTML source and once
      this is done, the changes can be made.
      I make (usually very minor, but key) changes. Let's say adding a new <meta></meta>
      tag.

      Using WORD, I save as text only. i.e. bio.txt
      After that I change bio.txt to bio.html... by simply typing "html" as the extension replacing
      .txt/

      I save again. I think a window pops up that tells me I'll lose this n' that ... whatever that
      window is, just say, "OK."

      I then U/L saved changes and single html to my FTP.

      This has been my salvation in this whole iWeb thing! My old HTML site still comes up now
      n' again when people/ customers of my greeting cards search my name or Marian Heath
      Greetings. I"m sure I should delete the pages from my ftp, but for some reason I'm
      "scared" to do this.

      The one thing I wanted to do was use the "Blog" as a weekly comic like strip... but that
      thing is so messed up after u/loading... I think I have to start it from scratch. I'm a work
      from home licensed artist with a four year old... not so easy to find the time... Fitting my
      full time job into pockets of time is my biggest challenge!

      Does any of this help????

      Collene

      http://www.thevanitysite.com

      Also, for me, by publishing to a folder and then U/Loading to an FTP, I can upload the
      whole folder or individual pages.

      What I do is