How To?

  • Al Bigley
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 27, 2008
      Can anyone refresh my memory as to how to submit your site to the
      major search engines? For free?

      Thanks so much!

      Al Bigley
    • Just Murray
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 27, 2008
        google it to get googles.
        then use this http://www.dmoz.org/
        ~KM

        On Aug 27, 2008, at 10:08 AM, Al Bigley wrote:

        Can anyone refresh my memory as to how to submit your site to the
        major search engines? For free?

      • Bobbo
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 27, 2008
          You can google "Submit to Search Engines," though I can't say I've
          found it useful.

          On a similar subject - a friend of mine said someone told her that
          there is a way to insert metatags using web widgets in iWeb. Is this
          the case? Remarkably, the search engines don't seem to find anytning
          on mac.com/me/com. Any thoughts?

          Thanks,
          bobbo

          On Aug 27, 2008, at 1:08PM ~8/27/08, Al Bigley wrote:

          > Can anyone refresh my memory as to how to submit your site to the
          > major search engines? For free?
          >
          > Thanks so much!
          >
          > Al Bigley

          Voice over site: http://www.bob-vo-com
          Art site: http://www.bobbogoldberg.com
          And don't forget to do good works for free at http://www.thehungersite.com
        • fabartist
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
            -It's amazingly easy to insert key search words for your site in iWeb... ya' have to be at
            least an itty bitty bit familiar with html.

            When I first posted my iweb site, I saw traffic was wayyyyyy down. As a licensed/
            commercial artist this is not good for me.

            I opened let's say a page in WORD. Then I made my changes ... then I saved as a text only,
            html doc. Then I uploaded only the pages where I made the changes.

            Let me know if this works for you.... I"m still in the midst of adding some tags on some of
            the pages... but overall I saw an immediate flow again where I did do it. People will search
            the greeting cards I write and illustrate for Marian Heath Greetings so it was key that I had
            those words in my card page tags; Marian HEath greetings, collene kennedy, woman-to-
            woman humor" etc.

            Collene

            http://www.thevanitysite.com/VanitySitePG1.html

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
              -It's amazingly easy to insert key search words for your site in iWeb... ya' have to be at
              least an itty bitty bit familiar with html.

              When I first posted my iweb site, I saw traffic was wayyyyyy down. As a licensed/
              commercial artist this is not good for me.

              I opened let's say a page in WORD. Then I made my changes ... then I saved as a text only,
              html doc. Then I uploaded only the pages where I made the changes.

              Let me know if this works for you.... I"m still in the midst of adding some tags on some of
              the pages... but overall I saw an immediate flow again where I did do it. People will search
              the greeting cards I write and illustrate for Marian Heath Greetings so it was key that I had
              those words in my card page tags; Marian HEath greetings, collene kennedy, woman-to-
              woman humor" etc.

              Collene

              http://www.thevanitysite.com/VanitySitePG1.html

              -- In iWeb-list@yahoogroups.com, Bobbo <bobbo924@...> wrote:

              > You can google "Submit to Search Engines," though I can't say I've
              > found it useful.
              >
              > On a similar subject - a friend of mine said someone told her that
              > there is a way to insert metatags using web widgets in iWeb. Is this
              > the case? Remarkably, the search engines don't seem to find anytning
              > on mac.com/me/com. Any thoughts?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > bobbo
              >

              > On Aug 27, 2008, at 1:08PM ~8/27/08, Al Bigley wrote:
              >
              > > Can anyone refresh my memory as to how to submit your site to the
              > > major search engines? For free?
              > >
              > > Thanks so much!
              > >
              > > Al Bigley
              > >

              > Voice over site: http://www.bob-vo-com
              > Art site: http://www.bobbogoldberg.com
              > And don't forget to do good works for free at http://www.thehungersite.com

            • Shirley Kehr
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
                I assume you have no plans to make any further changes to your site in
                iWeb. I understand that you lose all such manual edits the next time
                you open the page in iWeb. But you could save those changes in a Word
                document and it would only be a matter of copy and paste to get them
                back in the next time.

                Shirley

                On Aug 28, 2008, at 12:52 PM, fabartist wrote:

                > I opened let's say a page in WORD. Then I made my changes ... then
                > I saved as a text only,
                > html doc. Then I uploaded only the pages where I made the changes.
              • Gordon Alley
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
                  So this sort of thing can't be done as an HTML Snippet in iWeb?

                  -Gordon

                  --
                  Gordon B. Alley
                  http://www.gordonalley.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
                    I have no idea. I just opened up iWeb '08 for the first time and
                    looked up the information about html snippets. It's not clear from the
                    help how you'd add meta tags. I got the idea that you'd need to drag
                    the little box someplace and where would you put it for something like
                    that? However, it looks like a lot has been added to iWeb since
                    version 1. Maybe it's time to start experimenting.

                    Shirley

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 28, 2008
                      The best thing about a web site and I thought (previously) about iWeb was the ability to
                      make changes on an on-going bases. This has not really worked out in iWeb.

                      I'm about to make some changes and maybe even add a new page... I'll only upload the
                      new pages as opposed to uploading the entire site for the new pages. I"m not a dot. mac.

                      And yes, you are correct. I will copy and paste in a Word doc, save as text only, and
                      convert to an html page.

                      Writing html was time consuming, but in quite a few ways, I prefer it to iWeb. My Blog
                      page, which is called "V'Log" as it goes with my art branding, has these weird sign and
                      symbols that I"ve yet to be able to fix. That being said, I haven't work on site in a while...
                      Time has not permitted... I'll post if I come up with any suggestions...

                      Collene