Re: [iWeb-list] iLife 08?

  • Bobbo
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 21, 2008
      Re: [iWeb-list] iLife 08?
      Yup, if you own a domain name you can just forward it to the long web.mac.blahblah addy. I don't know why or if you couldn't before, although they tout is as a new feature in 08, since frame forwarding isn't a function of the recipient host but of wherever you purchased the domain name.

      Bobbo

      Hi!

      Does iLife '08 allow you to create a website, publish with iMac, and name it yourself? I have an older iLife version, and created a site in iWeb, but once published, it has a long and unwieldy name and site address...I heard the newer versions allow you to name your site what you wish....

      Also, can you modify the HTML on your pages in iWeb with the newer version? Add hypertext and such?

      Thank you!

      Al

      http://www.albigley.com

      --

      Artwork and portraiture: http://www.bobbogoldberg.com
      Voice over, narration and audio production: http://www.bob-vo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2 6:01 PM
        What they are touting for iWeb 08 is that you can transfer the hosting of your domain from another provider to .Mac. That way, the URL for all your pages would show your own domain, rather than the .Mac domain. At least, I THINK that's what it is all about.

        -Gordon

        On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Bobbo <bobbo924@...> wrote:
[...]

        Gordon B. Alley
        http://www.gordonalley.com