meta tags

  • linernutuk
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 11, 2007
      some months ago there was a short thread about adding meta tags.

      has anyone found an answer to this yet?

      I need to add a metatag to my iweb page so web crawlers are more likely to find it.

      any sugegstions welcome - just keep it simple!

      thanks

      les
    • Just Murray
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 13, 2007
        open up the pages in textedit or taco and add them.
        `Km
        Kris "Murray"
        --------------------
        "The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd.  The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been." ~ Alan Ashley-Pitt

        On Aug 11, 2007, at 11:45 AM, linernutuk wrote:

        some months ago there was a short thread about adding meta tags.

        has anyone found an answer to this yet?

        I need to add a metatag to my iweb page so web crawlers are more likely to find it.

        any sugegstions welcome - just keep it simple!

        thanks

      • Rick Branscomb
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 13, 2007
          The problem with any post-editing of iWeb sites or pages is that each time iWeb republishes the site, all your changes are removed and you have to add them again. But sometimes it's your only option. Keep your meta-tags handy in a text file somewhere so you can copy and paste them in, over and over....

          On Aug 13, 2007, at 10:40 AM, Just Murray wrote:

          open up the pages in textedit or taco and add them.

          `Km
          Kris "Murray"
          --------------------
          "The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd.  The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been." ~ Alan Ashley-Pitt

          On Aug 11, 2007, at 11:45 AM, linernutuk wrote:

          some months ago there was a short thread about adding meta tags.

          has anyone found an answer to this yet?

          I need to add a metatag to my iweb page so web crawlers are more likely to find it.

          any sugegstions welcome - just keep it simple!

          thanks

          ---------
          Rick Branscomb
          Webmaster