re-installing ilife

  • Deesha Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2007
      I really don't know how to use ilife, and in the process of trying
      to do too much with too little knowledge, i've ended up with blogs
      and web pages that I can't get rid of. The only solution that I can
      see is to delete the entire program and re-install it. But I can't
      seem to find a way. Can anyone give me some suggestions? I'd rather
      not call .mac help-they make me feel stupider than I already am.
      D.
    • steven_austin_rogers
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2007
        --- In iWeb-list@yahoogroups.com, Deesha Martin <deemartin@...> wrote:

        > I really don't know how to use ilife, and in the process of trying
        > to do too much with too little knowledge, i've ended up with blogs
        > and web pages that I can't get rid of. The only solution that I can
        > see is to delete the entire program and re-install it. . . .

        Deleting the program won't solve that problem - programs and data storage on the Mac are
        designed so that if you accidentally delete or uninstall the program, it won't wipe out your
        data, or if another user on the same compter uses the program or deletes it, it won't wipe out
        your data. (it's a feature!)

        In order to help, we need to know whether you have info in iWeb that you can't delete from
        your local computer, or you have a site/blog published on the web that you can't delete from
        the host.

        SR
      • Just Murray
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 16, 2007
          thats not really the solution. have you tried the delete key? it works great for gtetting rid of stuff i dont want on my mac. for an exatra blog or site in iweb select the item and try the delete key. its way cool.. and works as advertised.
          `km
          Kris "Murray"
          www.jm-publishing.com • http://web.mac.com/kriswmurray1
          "The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd.  The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been." ~ Alan Ashley-Pitt