iWeb sites

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
      I have lost every single one of my iWeb sites through some kind of
      stupidy. I believe I need to reload iLife to get any iWeb
      application. Any problems anyone can see with doing that?

      Barbara the dumb
    • Wyldceltic1
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
        If you have to, you can actually load ONLY iWeb with 'custom install'. Then in your home folder, under application support>iWeb>Domain are your original things. Taking the 'domain and dragging it to your 'new' iWeb would re-instate your sites. This is what I did when getting rid of the iMac G5 going to the MacBook Pro.

        On Mar 5, 2007, at 9:01 AM, Barbara wrote:

        I have lost every single one of my iWeb sites through some kind of
        stupidy. I believe I need to reload iLife to get any iWeb
        application. Any problems anyone can see with doing that?

        Barbara the dumb

      • Barbara Blandford Helm
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
          Thank you, thank you, thank you!

          Barbara
          There's a patch of old snow in a corner
          That I should have guessed
          Was a blow-away paper the rain
          Had brought to rest.

          It is speckled with grime as if
          Small print overspread it,
          The news of a day I’ve forgotten—
          If I ever read it.

          ~~Robert Frost~~

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
              I tried to follow Jenny's response and am not sure what she meant.

              I've never used iWeb on this computer, but I have an iWeb site out there. I tried dragging the iWeb folder on my iDisk to this computer's home > library > application support folder.

              Then I started iWeb for the first time. It wanted me to choose a template. I clicked Cancel, hoping to get a File menu with an open command, but iWeb just quit.

              There's probably an article in Apple's Knowledge Base that addresses moving an iWeb site from your  iDisk to a new computer. If you truly have none of the iWeb pieces and you've just installed iWeb, that's the kind of information I'd be looking for. (In fact, I'd do it right now if I had time :-)

              Shirley

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 5, 2007
                OK, I just took the time.

                This didn't help me because I don't have a domain.sites file.

                http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=875741&tstart=0

                Forum discussion with happy ending (because the domain.sites file was backed up on iDisk)