404Re: [iWeb-list] Re: Music

  • Bobbo
    Mar 31, 2010
      http://www.freelibrarymusic.com/
      http://freeplaymusic.com/

      Google Stock Music and Free Stock Music.

      There are also many paid library sites that provide royalty-free music. i.e., pay once for the CD or download (usually reasonable, $50 or so) and you can then use it as you need it.

      music2hues.com
      freshmusic.com

      Bobbo

      On Mar 31, 2010, at 10:57AM ~3/31/10, Barbara Blandford Helm wrote:

      B,

      Would you share one or two of the legal sites with me?

      Barbara

      Spring is Nature’s way of saying,

      “Let’s party!”

      ~Robin Williams~

      On Mar 30, 2010, at 6:52 PM, Bobbo wrote:

      Although you'd never know it from YouTube, there sure are. Music for performance (just playing the music) is broadcast rights, handled through BMI, ASCAP and (usually in Canada) SESAC. If you're putting it to picture, that's synchronization rights, and is handled via the Harry Fox Agency and a few others. When I was coming up in the recording studio business, I was steeped in this stuff. Unless the music is in the public domain (and most recorded performances of, say, classical music are not), then a big ole yes, though the lack of enforcement does constantly surprise me.

      There are many online sources of legal music libraries, some free, for online and other use.

      On Mar 30, 2010, at 8:04AM ~3/30/10, Barbara Blandford Helm wrote:

      I hadn't thought of that.  Are there, gang?

      Barbara

      On Mar 30, 2010, at 7:18 AM, Willi Miller wrote:

      correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there are licensing considerations for putting music on Web sites.

      Willi

      Voice over site: http://www.bob-vo.com
      Art site: http://www.bobbogoldberg.com

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic