Testing Testing

  • Chris Brunner QI
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 15, 2010
    Anyone heard any news?

    Chris

    Chris Brunner
    Vice President
    904.636.8989
    chris@...
  • Thomas House
    Message 2 of 19 , Nov 15, 2010
      I've heard second hand, that they ARE working on a new release with bugs fixed for sometime early next year.  Maybe you know this much..??  My big question is how much of the acquisition are they expecting the customers to fund?  Will the migration path be much the same as a hostage situation?  What kind of a company takes 6 months to outline the plan moving forward with their customers.  I am thinking about moving to a different platform before I am any more entrenched with Iway.  I will be honest - that decision is all fear based.  A little info would go a long way toward keeping me as a customer.

      Regards,
      Tom House
      Quartier Printing

      On Nov 15, 2010, at 4:06 PM, Chris Brunner QI wrote:

      Anyone heard any news?

      Chris

      Chris Brunner
      Vice President
      904.636.8989
      chris@...

    • osertons
      Message 3 of 19 , Nov 15, 2010
        Latest information from our supplier.

        Expect a release - Iway V5 SP4 - End of december:

        Customers bugs
        •80+Bugs + Rollup of HF bugs
        •Selected by severity & business impact
        •Eliminate backlog of customer bugs
        •Spread across multiple areas

        QA bugs
        •30 QA Bugs
        •Top priority QA bugs
        •Checkout and approval workflows

        Infrastructure improvements

        •Resolution mechanism for conflicts between intent and uploaded file
        •E-mail framework
        •Multiple shipping
        •Cuts down on number of bugs being reported from the field
        •Improves interaction between modules

        PB - Third parties compliance
        •FireFox 3.6
        •IE 8.0/8.1 full support
        •Safari 4.0
        •MS Office 2010 update

        Regards,
        Olav Sertons
        Printing Group Netherlands

        --- In iWayUsers@yahoogroups.com, Thomas House <trhouse@...> wrote:

        > I've heard second hand, that they ARE working on a new release with bugs fixed for sometime early next year. Maybe you know this much..?? My big question is how much of the acquisition are they expecting the customers to fund? Will the migration path be much the same as a hostage situation? What kind of a company takes 6 months to outline the plan moving forward with their customers. I am thinking about moving to a different platform before I am any more entrenched with Iway. I will be honest - that decision is all fear based. A little info would go a long way toward keeping me as a customer.
        >
        > Regards,
        > Tom House
        > Quartier Printing
        >

        > On Nov 15, 2010, at 4:06 PM, Chris Brunner QI wrote:
        >
        > > [Attachment(s) from Chris Brunner QI included below]
        > > Anyone heard any news?
        > >
        > > Chris
        > >
        > > Chris Brunner
        > > Vice President
        > > 904.636.8989
        > > chris@...

      • T odd Hayden
        Message 4 of 19 , Nov 15, 2010
          SP3 out now and stable, (been told)

          Small number of users uscurrent SP.  Thank you small number of users testing it for me. :)

          Expect a release - Iway V5 SP4 - End of december:

          Customers bugs
          •80+Bugs + Rollup of HF bugs
          •Selected by severity & business impact
          •Eliminate backlog of customer bugs
          •Spread across multiple areas

          QA bugs
          •30 QA Bugs
          •Top priority QA bugs
          •Checkout and approval workflows

          Infrastructure improvements

          •Resolution mechanism for conflicts between intent and uploaded file
          •E-mail framework
          •Multiple shipping
          •Cuts down on number of bugs being reported from the field
          •Improves interaction between modules

          PB - Third parties compliance
          •FireFox 3.6
          •IE 8.0/8.1 full support
          •Safari 4.0
          •MS Office 2010 update

          Regards,
          Olav Sertons
          Printing Group Netherlands

          --- In iWayUsers@yahoogroups.com, Thomas House <trhouse@...> wrote:

          > I've heard second hand, that they ARE working on a new release with bugs fixed for sometime early next year. Maybe you know this much..?? My big question is how much of the acquisition are they expecting the customers to fund? Will the migration path be much the same as a hostage situation? What kind of a company takes 6 months to outline the plan moving forward with their customers. I am thinking about moving to a different platform before I am any more entrenched with Iway. I will be honest - that decision is all fear based. A little info would go a long way toward keeping me as a customer.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Tom House
          > Quartier Printing
          >

          > On Nov 15, 2010, at 4:06 PM, Chris Brunner QI wrote:
          >
          > > [Attachment(s) from Chris Brunner QI included below]
          > > Anyone heard any news?
          > >
          > > Chris
          > >
          > > Chris Brunner
          > > Vice President
          > > 904.636.8989
          > > chris@...

        • Mark Sainsbury
          Message 5 of 19 , Apr 14, 2011

            Hi

            Has anyone heard anything about support for Iway? We are still waiting to hear from Bitstream!

            Thanks

            Mark

            Mark Sainsbury MBCS

            Systems Development Manager

            A McLay & Company Limited

            02920 544122 (t) | 02920 544123 (f) | 07968 352870 (m)

            Longwood Drive | Forest Farm | Cardiff | CF14 7ZB

            mbcs-logo-colour.jpg

            P Please consider the environment - Do you really need to print this e-mail? Ystyriwch yr amgylchedd - Oes rhaid i chi brintio'r e-bost hwn?

            A McLay & Company Limited
            Longwood Drive, Forest Farm, Cardiff, CF14 7ZB
            Telephone: +44 (0) 29 2054 4100
            Facsimile: +44 (0) 29 2054 4123

            www.mclays.co.uk

            McLays Print and McLays Direct are trading names of A McLay & Company Limited
            A McLay & Company Limited registered in England and Wales No: 75614 VAT No: 134 736 762

            CCS McLays Limited
            Longwood Drive, Forest Farm, Cardiff, CF14 7ZB
            Telephone: +44 (0) 29 2054 4144
            Facsimile: +44 (0) 29 2054 4159

            www.ccsmclays.co.uk

            CCS McLays Limited registered in England and Wales No: 03602069 VAT No: 851 023 170

            This message and any attachments is intended only for the individual or company to which it is
            addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential or prohibited from
            disclosure or unauthorised use. If the recipient of the transmission is not the intended recipient, or
            the employee or agent responsible for delivering such materials to the intended recipient, you are
            hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
            modification, distribution and/or publication of this email message or it's attachments other than by
            its intended recipients is strictly prohibited by the sender. If you have received it in error, please
            notify us immediately by telephone on the number above and destroy the message and all copies in
            your possession.

          • Friðrik Friðriksson
            Message 6 of 19 , Apr 14, 2011
              Hi

              Bitstream is handling this issue with iWay very poorly, if you ask me.
              Roadmap, anyone?

              Fridrik

              On 14.4.2011, at 08:22, Mark Sainsbury wrote:

              > Hi
              >

              > Has anyone heard anything about support for Iway? We are still waiting to hear from Bitstream!
              >

              > Thanks
              >

              > Mark
              >

              > Mark Sainsbury MBCS
              >
              > Systems Development Manager
              >
              > A McLay & Company Limited
              >
              > 02920 544122 (t) | 02920 544123 (f) | 07968 352870 (m)
              >
              > Longwood Drive | Forest Farm | Cardiff | CF14 7ZB
              >

              > <image001.jpg>
              >

              > P Please consider the environment - Do you really need to print this e-mail? Ystyriwch yr amgylchedd - Oes rhaid i chi brintio'r e-bost hwn?
              >

              > A McLay & Company Limited
              > Longwood Drive, Forest Farm, Cardiff, CF14 7ZB
              > Telephone: +44 (0) 29 2054 4100
              > Facsimile: +44 (0) 29 2054 4123
              >
              > www.mclays.co.uk
              >
              > McLays Print and McLays Direct are trading names of A McLay & Company Limited
              > A McLay & Company Limited registered in England and Wales No: 75614 VAT No: 134 736 762
              >
              > CCS McLays Limited
              > Longwood Drive, Forest Farm, Cardiff, CF14 7ZB
              > Telephone: +44 (0) 29 2054 4144
              > Facsimile: +44 (0) 29 2054 4159
              >
              > www.ccsmclays.co.uk
              >
              > CCS McLays Limited registered in England and Wales No: 03602069 VAT No: 851 023 170
              >
              > This message and any attachments is intended only for the individual or company to which it is
              > addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential or prohibited from
              > disclosure or unauthorised use. If the recipient of the transmission is not the intended recipient, or
              > the employee or agent responsible for delivering such materials to the intended recipient, you are
              > hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
              > modification, distribution and/or publication of this email message or it's attachments other than by
              > its intended recipients is strictly prohibited by the sender. If you have received it in error, please
              > notify us immediately by telephone on the number above and destroy the message and all copies in
              > your possession.

            • Chris Brunner

                Message 8 of 19 , Apr 14, 2011

                  Danny Cox does a great job at Bay Digital, though I was a little surprised about the “new” service pricing from Pageflex.

                  Kirk Larsen

                  Partner

                  Graphic Partners Inc.

                  4300 IL Route 173 Zion, IL 60099-4089

                  847.738.6999 (m)

                  847.872.9445 x122 (w)

                  kirk.larsen@...

                  http://www.graphicpartners.com/

                  GPLogoWTagline

                  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email.

[...]

                    <image002.jpg>

                    Chris Brunner
                    Vice President
                    904.636.8989

                  • Tony Hennrich
                    Message 10 of 19 , Apr 14, 2011
                      Surprised, I was floored! we decided that this product is at "End of Life" for us and opted out of renewing.
                      We have been using BayDigital for 2 years now and where very satisfied, but the price increase for support was beyond reasonable in my opinion.
                      We asked to break it into payments and were denied by Bitstream, pay all by due date or loose support. So farewell!

                      Good luck to all,

                      Tony Hennrich
                      Top Graphics
                      658 Fee Fee
                      Maryland Heights, MO 63043
                      PH: (314) 469-0505
                      FX: (314) 469-6869

                      On Apr 14, 2011, at 9:47 AM, Chris Brunner wrote:

[...]

                      <QI_NewLogo2010 Vert medium.jpg>

                    • Chris Brunner

[...]

                      • Catherine Skoglund
                        Message 12 of 19 , Apr 14, 2011

                          Hi All,

                          I was able to talk to Bitstream at Graph Expo, DSCOOP and PODi. We decided to upgrade to iWay 5 which we are in the process of doing this month. After looking at all the other options for web to print we decided to stay with iWay. Pageflex has a great client interface and iWay has the best job tracking so we figured that once Bitstream creates a new product using the best of both worlds, it’s going to be amazing. Plus we didn’t want to have to train our thousands of users how to use a new system.

                          I do agree that they have not done a good job at all contacting their existing customers. I have contacted them after reading your emails so hopefully someone will respond. I’m not even sure they have anyone in this support group. It is definitely time they get to know that we are sitting out here waiting….

                              Cathy Skoglund

                              Manager of Operations & Business Development

                              cathy.skoglund@...

                              p: 480-727-1636

                              f: 480-727-1654

                          print_imaging_3C

                             asu.edu/print

                             6075 South Williams Campus Loop West

                             Mail Code 0180

                             Mesa, Arizona 85212

                             ASU Print & Imaging Lab joins the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC),

                             an international organization, in their mission to promote responsible

                             management of the world's forests. FSC Certification #BV-COC-080727.

                             ASU First!

                             A new way of thinking as well as a reminder to all of us within the university to

                             recognize and utilize the talents, resources and services available all around us.

                             Student Media Creative Services and The Print & Imaging Lab are just two examples of that.

                          Message 13 of 19 , Apr 14, 2011
                            We are going to pageflex.  We are a Hagen shop, so the job tracking is not an issue here, but fulfillment was.  We saw a nice workflow between pageflex and Pro-mail, so we will be moving both into production in the next few months.

                            Message 14 of 19 , Apr 18, 2011
                              Hi All,

                              We have been using iway 5 for about 2 years now, the problem I have now is that we now have no support.  Communication from Bitstream has been extremely poor, if only to ask for £9k for support but no sign of an update or the stability that was promised.

                              My issue is now, and why I am responding, is to find out how people are keeping their version going?  In the last 2 days my version of Iway (5.3.39975.R) has decided to stop seeing or issuing bleed or cropping to bleed.  This is not a problem for jobs and templates saved up until now, but I don't know what to do about new jobs.  As my Director see's it, we need support but, were both very surprised by the price, and the fact that it is upfront and that there seems to be no progress in fixing the software to a stable state.

                              Any ideas or comments will be most appreciated.

                              Best regards

                              Lee Carruthers
                              Graphic Designer / Pre-press

                              CLE Print Limited
                              Media House
                              Burrel Road
                              St Ives
                              Cambridgeshire
                              PE27 3LE

                              Tel: 01480 465 233   Fax: 01480 466 053   Direct: 01480 308110 www.cle.co.uk

                              This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify CLE Print Limited by return email.

                                Message 16 of 19 , Apr 18, 2011
                                  Have any of you looked at PageFlex pricing?  You might want to being you are an iWay user.

                                  My guess for the future is:
                                  1) iWay will be supported only for HP and Xerox;
                                  2) All users will be moved to PageFlex, after the Job and Imposition Modules are implemented.

                                  Message 17 of 19 , Apr 21, 2011
                                    Everyone see this?

                                    02/15/2011

                                    Pageflex iWay 5.4 Now Available

                                    Today, we announced a major update to the Pageflex iWay product – the release of version 5.4. This is the first update to the product since Bitstream acquired it last year, and it is designed to enhance the quality, stability and user experience of the Pageflex iWay product.

                                    Anna Magliocco-Chagnon, President and CEO of Bitstream, talked about this update in advance of the Dscoop conference happening this week. She said,  “When we acquired the iWay product line last year, we were excited about how the features and functionality of iWay would enhance our overall product portfolio. Our first goal since the acquisition was to stabilize and enhance the quality of iWay.  With the release of iWay 5.4, we are excited to have achieved this goal.  As we move forward, we will build on this stable foundation to give iWay customers the tools they need to monitor and reduce costs, maximize production efficiency, and increase profits.”

                                    Pageflex iWay brings process automation to the print service provider’s business (from order taking, price quoting, through planning, fulfillment and shipping), Pageflex iWay gives commercial printing and digital service providers the tools to fully manage, control, and automate their online business operations.

                                    Pageflex will be demonstrating Pageflex iWay 5.4 in their booth (#902) at Dscoop6, the Annual Conference of HP Graphic Arts users, being held February 17- 19 at the Gaylord Resort in Orlando, Florida.

                                  • Chris Brunner

                                      Message 19 of 19 , Apr 21, 2011
                                        Nope, I just don't see much info about iWay making the group.