Baby Steps!

  • shelagh3930
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
      So here we go... the iWay user forum is about to start humming!
      Glad to see you all. Look forward to reading.
      shelagh
    • Ian Morris G8OWB
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
        Greetings all,

        But how shall we use the forum?

        Ian
        Peak Press Ltd
      • chiricuzio@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
          Ian,

          There will be many uses for the forum. We have just begun to invite users, so don't expect too much conversation right away, but it will build. As with other mail groups of special interest, members will post questions, comments, suggestions, etc about iWay and related topics. iWay users have various levels of experience and knowledge, and the sharing of this information can be very valuable.

          In addition, Press-Sense will gain insight into the wants and needs of their clients and use this important feedback as part of the process of product improvement.

          As a users group, much of how this forum works will be determined by users like yourself. We hope to have the balance of iWay clients invited before the end of this week, after which I will suggest some topics to begin a dialogue that I hope you will find useful. And please, don't hesitate to offer questions and suggestions. This is YOUR group...

          Thanks for being one of the early responders... you are a founding member!

          Mike Chiricuzio
          Moderator, iWay Users Group
          V: 602.725.5789

          chiricuzio@...

          In a message dated 7/15/2008 3:53:26 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time, ian@... writes:

          Greetings all,

          But how shall we use the forum?

          Ian
          Peak Press Ltd

        • Ian Morris
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
            Message
            Hi Mike,

            I was 'fishing' to see what response it got!

            So this could be a forum for influencing the direction of the product? I do hope it does not deteriate into a winge forum as others I am involved in hae done.

            I guess it could be used to share brilliant ideas, what is obvious to one user maybe not to another!

            We just had a case in point with pinning, we are looking at a project where we want to select 'this weeks background' for a mailing, so user uploads image, pins it, then applies an imported file, and all the names get the uploaded image - so much easier than putting the name in a spreadsheet!

            So there is one thing, anybody else got great ideas that I missed?

            Ian

            Ian Morris
            The Peak Group

            Registered Office:
            Peak Press Ltd,
            Eccles Road,
            Chapel en le Frith,
            High Peak,
            SK23 9RQ
            England
            Tel: +44 (0)1298 812738

            Peak Press Ltd is a company registered in
            England and Wales 787905
            VAT reg no. 157 6907 29

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
              Ian,

              Fishing is encouraged! Keep it coming...

              Again, we only have a very small percentage of the users invited at this point, but hang in there. In the meantime, any 'lurkers' out there who want to comment on Ian's message?

              Mike

              ps As part of my duties, I shall try to help decipher the colloquialisms of conversation. In the case of Ian's message, 'winge' (also spelled whinge) refers to whining and complaining... something that will be tolerated only to a point. This is a positive forum.

              Mike Chiricuzio
              Moderator, iWay Users Group
              V: 602.725.5789

              chiricuzio@...

              chiricuzio@aol. com

              In a message dated 7/15/2008 3:53:26 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time, ian@peakpress. co.uk writes:

              Greetings all,

              But how shall we use the forum?

              Ian
              Peak Press Ltd

              Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker. com!

            • Drew Swankie

[...]

                Drew Swankie
                R and R Images
              • chiricuzio@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
                  Drew,

                  Good question, and no surprise coming from you!

                  Press-Sense is providing data from their records on people to contact at client sites. Aside from that, we expect that users such as yourself may have others within your organization that are involved in the product usage. All you (or they) need to do is to send me an email applying for membership. I will take it from there.

                  Thanks

                  Mike

                  Mike Chiricuzio
                  Moderator, iWay Users Group