Update

  • bcampbell3
    Message 1 of 32 , May 22, 2012
      Hi ladies,
      Just a quick update on some meetings we put on the calendar - June 1 we are meeting at Beth's for a tea party. On June 5th I will be hosting a sit & sew & plan to teach the tea cozy. I'll have templates to cut the shapes. I would recommend that you quilt lining, batting & front fabric together before you come here. Any quilting pattern you like will do. If you want to wait & quilt fabric here, you're not likely to finish the project, but will see the technique & finish up at home. A quilted piece about 1/2 yard will be sufficient. We will cut shapes from templates & sew them together here. You will also need two 2 1/4" strips to make the binding.

      Next meeting will be on June 18 at Jacqui's, unless Kathy or Roe would like to host Open agenda that day - any suggestions? Availability of Jacqui's house is dependent on the realtor appointments, of course. We may have to shift location of this meeting.

      Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend. Looking forward to our next gathering!
      Barbara
    • Cathy Menendez
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 31
        So sorry about your friend, Barbara; glad you were able to visit her.
        And how frustrating about your ride! As if you don’t have enough frustration to deal with already!
        Hang in there, & see you soon.
        Cathy

        On Jan 30, 2015, at 9:42 AM, Barbara Campbell bcampbell3@... [iQuiltForFun] <iQuiltForFun@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Well, Dial-A-Ride didn't work. I've been waiting by the door with coat on since 9:00. I tried calling their number and get only a recording. I was supposed to be at the doctor right now. I called to advise them, but have no idea when I can reschedule now.

        I also just got a call from my friend Norma's son, Rob. Some of you know that she was my friend since we were 13 years old. Norma was diagnosed with lung and brain cancer in December. Apparently it spread really fast and she passed this morning. I last spoke to her on Wednesday afternoon and she complained about being in pain in abdomen and stomach. She was hospitalized immediately and passed early this morning. Her son and his family drove here and got to see her on Thursday. I think she was hanging on waiting to say good-bye. Thankfully she didn't suffer long. RIP, my friend.
        Barbara