      From: Beth Wilson <lzbthwilson@...>
      To: "iQuiltForFun@yahoogroups.com" <iQuiltForFun@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, September 23, 2013 4:36 PM
      Subject: [iQuiltForFun] Fwd: Maxine

      ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Barbara Scheffel <barbscheff@...> Date: Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 2:26 PM Subject: Re: Maxine To: Acaseinpoint@..., adele.pollard@..., gemstoyou@..., Lovezur@..., bconger@..., Fitz8285@..., DCasuto@..., geedodd@..., ilathe13th@..., imoskowitz@..., joanmtnlks@..., kathicechini@..., l.dierking@..., lzbthwilson@..., markburns.sf@..., DOC8555@..., marylou@..., mb1102@...
      some new ones and the creator....It's a GUY!  enjoy
      Barbara Scheffel, RN, BS, CRRN, CCM
      -----Original Message----- To: Barbara Scheffel BarbScheff@... Subject: Fw: Fwd: Maxine

      Subject: Fwd: FW: Maxine

      I never knew who the creator of Maxine was!
      After the Maxine jokes there is a summary on how she was created and a photo of her creator. More from the gal everyone loves and admires,
      and you finally get to meet her creator at the end.
      AFTER THAT THERE ARE NEW ONES NEVER SEEN BEFORE..

      2.2754990331@...

      3.2754990331@...

      4.2754990331@...

      5.2754990331@...

      6.2754990331@...

      7.2754990331@...
      Hummmmmm! How True.

      8.2754990331@...

      9.2754990331@...

      10.2754990331@...

      Creator
      Of Maxine

      http://pressroom.hallmark.com/Multimedia/Item/John-Wagner

      John Wagner, Hallmark artist since 1970, says Maxine was inspired by his mother,
      his maiden aunts and his grandmother, the woman who bought him art lessons
      when 'fill in the pumpkins' was about the extent of his art classes at
      St. John 's Catholic School inLeonia N.J.

      John remembers doodling as a preschooler and says both his grandmother his mother encouraged his artistic interests. He eventually attended the Vesper George School of Art
      in Boston and landed at Hallmark as part of a new artists group.But it was the birth of
      the humorous Shoebox Greetings (a tiny little division of Hallmark) in 1986 that added
      a new dimension to John 's professional life. The Shoebox way of seeing the world unleashed
      his talents and he created Maxine.

      Why the name 'Maxine'? 'People at Shoebox started referring to the character as ' John Wagner's old lady,' and I knew that would get me into trouble with my wife,' John says.
      The Shoebox team had a contest among themselves to name the character and three of
      the approximately 30 entries suggested 'Maxine'. John says the name is perfect.

      John , who says he's humbled by such acceptance of Maxine, admits he's proud of her.

      Now you know the story of how Maxine came to be.

      SOME NEW MAXINES !
      I haven't seen these before. Good ones.
      12.2754990331@...
      13.2754990331@...14.2754990331@...

      15.2754990331@...16.2754990331@...
      17.2754990331@...18.2754990331@...
      19.2754990331@...20.2754990331@...
      21.2754990331@...22.2754990331@...
      23.2754990331@...24.2754990331@...
      25.2754990331@...

      26.2754990331@...

      http://www.incredimail.com/?id=621124&did=10501&ppd=2823,201207251523,9,[TypeID],[IM_UPN2]&rui=114727455
      size=3 width="100%" align=center>
      This communication, including attachments, is confidential, may be subject to legal privileges, and is intended for the sole use of the addressee. Any use, duplication, disclosure or dissemination of this communication, other than by the addressee, is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete or destroy this communication and all copies.

      TRVDiscDefault::1201
      No virus found in this message. Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com/ Version: 2013.0.3345 / Virus Database: 3204/6446 - Release Date: 06/27/13
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic