Fwd FYI: Daughter from Danang - Bay Area Screenings

  • Vietnamese Nom Preservation Foundation
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2002
      Dear Friends,

      If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, the following film may be of interest to you.

      Quoting from one of the producers:

      "the nom characters were put to use fully in the poster and postcard. i had them hand calligraphed. it was my intent to use them fully in the main title sequence, but because they were 6 characters long, i couldn't fit it into the time constraints. i ended up using two of them as evocation, which worked out nicely."

      The six Nôm characters -- courtesy of the VNPF and Professor Nguyễn Quang Hồng -- correspond to the Vietnamese version of the film title.

      Regards,
      VNPF