Re: [iCareCatsandDogs] FW: Jakarta Animal Aid Network

  • fishie moon
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 17, 2008
      isinya apa ya? kok gak kebaca disini, pls di copas dong ...

      From: fishie moon <freakish_fishie@ yahoo.com>
      To: iCareCatsandDogs@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, July 18, 2008, 11:33 AM

      ngomong apa sih dia mbak?

      Dari alamat2 dibawah ini siapa yg dituju ya???
      ....*(sok) polos*...

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 17, 2008
          cek di imel pertama ada attachmentnya kok...

          Jl. Jeruk Purut Buntu 2A Cilandak, RT 006 RW 003 Jakarta Selatan
          Telephone/Fax: 021 7802556 Email: info@...

          Dear All,

          We are from Jakarta Animal Aid Network and we strive to improve the welfare of all animals here in Jakarta. We started in 2008 when we joined forces after all already having separate experience within animal rescue. We are just 3 people and some volunteers. The past months have been overwhelming, but productive. We strive to do as much as we can with the little forces and support we have. For more information about our activities you can check out our website : www.jakartaanimalaid.com

          The reason we are circulating this e-mail is to clarify a number of matters that we have been confronted with. The reason this clarification is necessary is because it appears to sometimes hinder us from helping animals which is very unfortunate. Actually it is against our principles to get effected by this and the fact of the matter is that it is not us affected but the animals that we could help. We should  all be supportive of each others work and not make things difficult that, at the end, is on the expense of the wellbeing of the animals.
           Apparently there are stories going around about our organization and in the past months we have had phone calls and e-mails from other organizations asking us what is going on. Of course we don’t mind to explain or clarify, and in fact, we ended up getting to know new people and organizations that we can collaborate with. However, we wish to put our energy more into animal welfare rather than being busy explaining ourselves. That’s why we would like to clarify some points that have become “issues” and hope we can move on and even work together.

          Pondok Pengayom Satwa:
          Issue: JAAN sells dogs from the shelter
          When we started JAAN we got in touch with the director of the shelter, drh Hadi Wibowo, and discussed how we could help to promote the animals at the shelter for adoption. PPS has been and still is very supportive of our collaboration. Before we started to promote the shelter on our site, we also made sure that we got permission from Himpunan Penyayang Binatang, who is supervising the shelter.
          We know that the shelter is dealing with large numbers of animals in need of a better place and therefore we only want to help with promoting the dogs for adoption, in order to find them a good home.
          JAAN’s role in this is to promote the dogs, cats and the shelter on our website. People who are interested in one of the dogs available for adoption can click the hyperlink address attached to the picture and can then deal with the representative of the animal shelter directly.
          If any information is asked through JAAN about the shelter we promote as much as we can and refer them to the shelter directly.
          JAAN doesn’t get any benefit what so ever from this, and has no further involvement in the adoption procedures, since that is not our business nor do we have any authority.
           At JAAN we promote to adopt an animal, not to buy.
          If we have any foster dogs/cats ourselves we provide medical care (at our personal expenses) and when the animal is ready for adoption we find new and forever homes free of charge.

          Euthanizing animals:
          Issue: JAAN euthanizes animals just like that
          JAAN has successfully rescued and re-homed many dogs and cats in the short time that we have been operational. Often these animals come in horrible conditions and medical care is given. Often treatments are long and expensive, but the biggest reward and pay off is to give them a second chance because they all deserve it!!
          Sometimes we come across cases where the animal is suffering or has no hope of survival. We at JAAN believe that all animals deserve a second chance despite the high expenses involved, however, we do not believe in letting any animal suffer.

          Dinas:
          Issue: JAAN is exposing Dinas as being a bad institution and JAAN is selling dogs through the website.
          In May 2008 we were contacted through email and telephone by several people about the loss of cats and the way the animals were captured from the streets by Dinas. These animals end up in the dinas holding centre. Since we received those complaints we went to check the situation for ourselves and we noticed that indeed the animals were in need of help. We offered our services to dinas and are still in the process in working on a long term collaboration. At this moment the only thing we can do for dinas is forwarding donations like food to them. Also we would like to play a bigger role in the future, if possible, since Dinas is facing a problem with the big amounts of animals they receive and have to deal with. If our help is not needed now, we will focus on the other many animal welfare issues that we are confronted with here in Jakarta. There are so many, and so little people doing something about it. We have no intention to bad mouth dinas or any other individual/organization working in the same field. Our hope is that we can obtain a strong network of individuals and organizations working that can work together to end the unnecessary suffering of animals in general.

          In short; We do not sell or badmouth dinas nor anyone else whether this is an individual or an organization and hope to end all the misleading issues that are going around.
          Let’s all focus on what’s really important:  Animal Welfare.

          Karin, Femke, Natalie

          Jakarta Animal Aid Network

          " Compassion doesn't choose one species over another, any more than it chooses one human being over another"

          " The question is not, Can they reason?, nor Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?  "
          Jeremy Bentham

          OMG I LOVE MCR esp GERARD WAY!!!
          >.<
          *faint*

          click here:
          http://icarecatsanddogs.multiply.com/

          isinya apa ya? kok gak kebaca disini, pls di copas dong ...

          " Compassion doesn't choose one species over another, any more than it chooses one human being over another"

          " The question is not, Can they reason?, nor Can they talk? but, Can they suffer?  "
          Jeremy Bentham

          OMG I LOVE MCR esp GERARD WAY!!!
          >.<
          *faint*

          click here:
          http://icarecatsand dogs.multiply. com/

          Dari alamat2 dibawah ini siapa yg dituju ya???
          ....*(sok) polos*...

            alamat tempat penjilatan baru nih hahahaha

            Telephone/Fax: 021 7802556 Email: info@jakartaanimala id.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 21, 2008
              Ini reply dari JAAN atas reply kita.

              From: Natalie Stewart <femkedenhaas@...>