Not exactly an inspired song per se...

  • badimushkil
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2005
      but check out this site:

      http://www.shaadino1thefilm.com/linkpage.htm

      It's Vashu's new movie, directed by David Dhawan. Go through the
      synopsis slideshow thing by clicking "Next" on the slideshow
      parts...does it not seem like a COMPLETE COPY of Inder Kumar's Masti
      story-wise?

      the religious wife Ayesha & playboy Fardeen...reminds me of Tara &
      Aftab in Masti

      the don Sanjay setting the husbands straight....reminds me of Ajay
      Devgan in Masti

      hmmmm...and the Shaadi song that plays in the background sounds like
      it's copied from an English track, i can't put a name on it
      though...any ideas?
    • kalhonaaho01
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 3, 2005
        masti was inspired by an english movie...maybe both have the same
        source...here is the summary from imdb:
        Plot Summary for
        Whipped (2000)
        Set in New York, 'Whipped' is about a group of three single men,
        buddies from college, whom meet every Sunday at their local diner
        hangout to discuss their favorite sport: scoring with women. Their
        conversations (always revealing, sometimes revolting, and occasionally
        riotous) revolve around the weekend past and the girls that these
        three egotistical and narcissistic swingers were able or unable
        to "scam." However, when all three single guys unknowingly go after
        the same "perfect" woman, Mia (Amanda Peet), they begin to question
        their skirt-chasing ways. Squabbling breaks out amongst the group as
        they compete for her attention and suddenly, the fate of their ritual
        and their friendships, becomes uncertain. Who will win the morning
        round table bragging rights? You'll be surprised.

        --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "badimushkil" <badimushkil@y...> wrote:
        > but check out this site:
        >
        > http://www.shaadino1thefilm.com/linkpage.htm
        >
        > It's Vashu's new movie, directed by David Dhawan. Go through the
        > synopsis slideshow thing by clicking "Next" on the slideshow
        > parts...does it not seem like a COMPLETE COPY of Inder Kumar's Masti
        > story-wise?
        >
        > the religious wife Ayesha & playboy Fardeen...reminds me of Tara &
        > Aftab in Masti
        >
        > the don Sanjay setting the husbands straight....reminds me of Ajay
        > Devgan in Masti
        >
        > hmmmm...and the Shaadi song that plays in the background sounds like
        > it's copied from an English track, i can't put a name on it
        > though...any ideas?
      • badimushkil
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2005
          seriously though, Masti was a big hit film. So is No Entry. All of
          them have the same story, basically.....and now Shaadi No. 1's story
          looks identical to Masti...how shameless on the part of David
          Dhawan!!!

          --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "kalhonaaho01" <kalhonaaho01@y...> wrote:
          > masti was inspired by an english movie...maybe both have the same
          > source...here is the summary from imdb:
          > Plot Summary for
          > Whipped (2000)
          > Set in New York, 'Whipped' is about a group of three single men,
          > buddies from college, whom meet every Sunday at their local diner
          > hangout to discuss their favorite sport: scoring with women. Their
          > conversations (always revealing, sometimes revolting, and
          occasionally
          > riotous) revolve around the weekend past and the girls that these
          > three egotistical and narcissistic swingers were able or unable
          > to "scam." However, when all three single guys unknowingly go after
          > the same "perfect" woman, Mia (Amanda Peet), they begin to question
          > their skirt-chasing ways. Squabbling breaks out amongst the group
          as
          > they compete for her attention and suddenly, the fate of their
          ritual
          > and their friendships, becomes uncertain. Who will win the morning
          > round table bragging rights? You'll be surprised.
          >
          > --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "badimushkil" <badimushkil@y...> wrote:
          > > but check out this site:
          > >
          > > http://www.shaadino1thefilm.com/linkpage.htm
          > >
          > > It's Vashu's new movie, directed by David Dhawan. Go through the
          > > synopsis slideshow thing by clicking "Next" on the slideshow
          > > parts...does it not seem like a COMPLETE COPY of Inder Kumar's
          Masti
          > > story-wise?
          > >
          > > the religious wife Ayesha & playboy Fardeen...reminds me of Tara
          &
          > > Aftab in Masti
          > >
          > > the don Sanjay setting the husbands straight....reminds me of
          Ajay
          > > Devgan in Masti
          > >
          > > hmmmm...and the Shaadi song that plays in the background sounds
          like
          > > it's copied from an English track, i can't put a name on it
          > > though...any ideas?
        • Meghal Pandya
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 11, 2005
            In the movie "Jhankar Beats", Rahul Bose tries to woo back Rinki Khanna by
            playing "Saagar Kinaare" in a two-in-one.

            This idea is lifted from the 1989 film "Say Anything". Lloyd Dobler's
            (played by John Cusack) girlfriend breaks up with him. In a desperate act to
            get her back, Lloyd stands outside of his girlfriend's house with a stereo
            above his head, playing the Peter Gabriel song "In Your Eyes."

            This idea was spoofed in South Park, where Stan Marsh tries to get back
            Wendy by playing a Peter Gabriel song in front of her house, in the episode
            "raisins"

            Meghal

            It has removed 136 spam emails to date.
            Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!