For KARTHIK and other groupmates : Another Shankar Jaikishan Lift

  • sambodh kaul
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
      hi

      yesterday i heard a song named "Ifrah Ya Kalbi" by Umm Khalthoum.
      it resembled an old shankar jaikishan song. i can't recollect the
      name of the hindi number. can you guys help me out?

      the egyptian number is from the album "oum kalthoum anciennes
      chansons"

      please reply

      Sambodh
    • i2fswm
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2005
        Heard a sample of that track in
        http://www.sternsmusic.com/disk_info/529814-2

        Doesnt remind me of anything, so far!

        Karthik

        --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "sambodh kaul" <indiasux666@y...> wrote:

        > hi
        >
        > yesterday i heard a song named "Ifrah Ya Kalbi" by Umm Khalthoum.
        > it resembled an old shankar jaikishan song. i can't recollect the
        > name of the hindi number. can you guys help me out?
        >
        > the egyptian number is from the album "oum kalthoum anciennes
        > chansons"
        >
        > please reply
        >
        > Sambodh
      • chetan saxena
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2005
          hi,

          This track may not be the exact inspiration for any
          particular song..but it seems 2 music directors were
          partly inspired by OMME KOLSOUM, one was Husnlal
          Bhagatram and second,their informal disciple Shankar
          and Jaikishan( as Shankar got trained under him and
          both were part of HB team for some time).

          The said track seems to have inspired Husnlal
          Bhagatram for 'Chale Jana Nahin Nain Milake' from Badi
          Bahen-1949( Only the rhythm ,interlude music and
          orchestration) and this and original one seem to have
          inspired SJ for Barsat(1949) song-Jiya Beqarar
          Hai..it's worth mentioning here that SJ song 'Ghar Aya
          Mera Pardesi'(already listed in I2FS) is inspired from
          Ala Balad El Mahboub by OMME KOLSOUM..

          There can't be smoke without fire..so there is
          something..

          Chetan

          http://my.yahoo.com