Kaatriniley Varum Geetham

  • Tapey3
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
      Kaatriniley Varum Geetham, from the film Meera (1945) has the tune
      copied from a Bengali song sung by Juthika Roy. Anyone know what this
      song is?
    • Kolkatar Jeeshu
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2004

        Folks Tapey, u have asked for a real difficult search ... Juthika ray is as old as one can go back into Bengali musical recording, I think she was either earlier or contemporary of "Angoor bala", "Kanan devi" et al ... this query is really interesting, I have just listed to 'this famous song' by Subbulakshmi, from the film Meera, it's there over the "music india online" site, certainly it sounded like someday-somewhere-heard of Bengali song � I think this time we have to get back to our older ones, unless karthik or some other folk takes some extra initiative to find it now J

        Happy search � and best of luck, of course

        Tapey3 <Tapey3@...> wrote:
        Kaatriniley Varum Geetham, from the film Meera (1945) has the tune
        copied from a Bengali song sung by Juthika Roy.  Anyone know what this
        song is?

        Do you Yahoo!?