Weird targets for copycat directors

  • Arjun Mohan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2010
      Indian music directors have had varying influences, often coming to mimicry while composing songs. Their targets have come from different countries, ages and styles. But some of their targets are really strange. Let's make a list of weird targets for copycat directors, shall we?

      One of the strangest targets we've had is this band called Linear. They're one of those shallow 1980's-early 90's pop bands with style and no substance (more famous examples being Seduction and Milli Vanilli) and have only one hit, and possibly only one album. Yet, Anu Malik, far more accomplished a musician, lifted the entire song and added even more to fit the Bollypop style. By lifting this song and getting caught, he's made a rather obscure pop band famous! This should, at present, top such a list.

      Can you think of any more?

      Sent from my iPhone