Barsaat Ki Raat - Billu Ko Mil lifted

  • canakida2
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 5, 2009
      http://music.punjabcentral.com/album/?album=4966

      Barsaat Ki Raat - Billo Ki Mil

      is a straight lift

      of Abrar Haq - Billo Ke Ghar

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAMsnbRpF5I

      Music director is Laxmikant Pyarelal
    • stephen d'souza
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2009
        Looks inspired partly. But the blatant lift of Abrar's song is by Dilip sen-samir sen in Sunny Deol's Zidd. Song: Mera dil le gayee Kammo Kidar.

        It's been listed @ 39 in Hindi - Others section of Itwofs.

          I'd partly lifted, but yeah it's just the mukhda tho. The Ziddi number was pretty blatant if I recall correctly.

          --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, stephen d'souza <dsouza_stp@...> wrote:

          > Looks inspired partly. But the blatant lift of Abrar's song is by Dilip sen-samir sen in Sunny Deol's Zidd. Song: Mera dil le gayee Kammo Kidar.
          >
          > It's been listed @ 39 in Hindi - Others section of Itwofs.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • jm_chohan1
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 7, 2009
            Nice find, it is inspired ...

            While I was on the webpage of that movie's songs, I started listening to them. One song in particular caught my attention. The song is "Teri han ka teri na ka" sung by Kavita Krishnamurthi. The song started with a well know piece from Khaled's song "El Arbi" and then the first line of mukhra seems inspired by an old Noor Jehan song "Sanu nehr wale pul te bula ke". Check for yourself.

            Teri han ka from Barsaat ki raat
            http://www.emusic.com/album/Various-Artists-Barsaat-Ki-Raat-MP3-Download/10986563.html

            Khaled's El Arbi
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0YVBXPYzl4

            Noor Jehan's "Sanu nehr wale pul te"
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIMsfkUE20Q

            Jamshid.

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 7, 2009
              Do listen to the instrumental near the end of the song (around 4:22), the resemblance is quite evident there ...
              Jamshid.

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 8, 2009
                OH WOW good find!! i thought there was something iffy about the "tere haan ka na main na" song tunewise.

                Yeah the intro definitely with the EL Arbi song, sooo many bollywood songs seem to have copied that song!There was a song in amanaat and mafia.

                There's also another song that's copied from it but I can't remember the name, does anyone know what it is?? the tune of the song is copied from the intro music of El Arbi. I think it's an anand milind song

                P.S doesn't that Aa Chup Jaayein song sound a bit like Bharo from Sabse Bada Khiladi??