Re: Secret Garden and Anu's Zindagi Rocks Copy

  • jm_chohan1
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
      The following songs have similar chord progression to the anu malik and secret garden songs. Listen and judge for yourself ....

      Illusionen by Alexandra (THE original)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT71ViCG0oM

      If I never sing another song by Matt Monroe
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAiyYrnMS0g

      If I never sing another song by Shirley Bassey
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5mApvL6mOI

      Listen to the hook of the song starting from "if I sing another song ...". I am sure there other classical pieces and song with similar/same chord prgression. Just the matter of finding them :)

      ciao
      Jamshid

      --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "anumalikfan" <anumalikfan@...> wrote:

      > Okay seriously this is extremely fishy! Does anyone have any information on Secret Garden?? are they reochestrating old classical pieces or are they the ones copying from Indian songs??
      >

      > There's an a song from Anu Malik's album Eyes, which was released in 1995!!! and it has a song called Eyes which I thought was copied from Secret Garden songs, but if it was released in 1995 A YEAR BEFORE secret garden, and he probably recorded it in late 1994!!!
      >
      > Someone please clarify this!
      >
      > Anu Malik Eyes (1995) and remember this was an international album!
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vHI8tIjyjk (obviously an anu malik hater posted this but w/e)
      >
      > LISTEN at 1:40 , the tune for Ek Din Furst comes up!!
      >
      > what the hell!?!?!? Unless Anu Malik can COPY SONGS FROM THE FUTURE, which is impossible, secret garden has to be copying from him or there is a another source.
      >

      > --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "jm_chohan1" <jm_chohan1@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Definitely ... The chord progression is the same ...
      > >
      > > --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "canakida2" <canakida2@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Don't you guys think this song also sounds similar to Chand Mera Dil??
      > > >
      > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW6VdPb08EQ
      > > >
      > > > Listen to the tune! There's a similarity with this and Ek Din Fursat and the Secret Garden song

    • canakida2
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
        I see the similarity between all of them. But i'm mostly concerned why the Song Eyes has an exact same piece as the Secret Garden Ambiago! 'cause really how on earth would SG copy from Anu Malik!! As much as I love Anu it's really hard to believe, as much as I'd like to believe it! none of these add up! lol all we have are chords and simialirties but none of them are the exact same music piece as the Eyes song and the SG song! I really want this cleared up this is so confusing

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 3, 2010
          Karthik,

          Just saw your post on itwofs regarding Anu Malik's 'Ek din Fursat mein' and was surprised that you did not credited ravi_kesh2002 with this find ???!!

          --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "jm_chohan1" <jm_chohan1@...> wrote:

          > The following songs have similar chord progression to the anu malik and secret garden songs. Listen and judge for yourself ....
          >
          > Illusionen by Alexandra (THE original)
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT71ViCG0oM
          >
          > If I never sing another song by Matt Monroe
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAiyYrnMS0g
          >
          > If I never sing another song by Shirley Bassey
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5mApvL6mOI
          >
          > Listen to the hook of the song starting from "if I sing another song ...". I am sure there other classical pieces and song with similar/same chord prgression. Just the matter of finding them :)
          >
          > ciao
          > Jamshid
          >

          > --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "anumalikfan" <anumalikfan@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Okay seriously this is extremely fishy! Does anyone have any information on Secret Garden?? are they reochestrating old classical pieces or are they the ones copying from Indian songs??
          > >

          > > There's an a song from Anu Malik's album Eyes, which was released in 1995!!! and it has a song called Eyes which I thought was copied from Secret Garden songs, but if it was released in 1995 A YEAR BEFORE secret garden, and he probably recorded it in late 1994!!!
          > >
          > > Someone please clarify this!
          > >
          > > Anu Malik Eyes (1995) and remember this was an international album!
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vHI8tIjyjk (obviously an anu malik hater posted this but w/e)
          > >
          > > LISTEN at 1:40 , the tune for Ek Din Furst comes up!!
          > >
          > > what the hell!?!?!? Unless Anu Malik can COPY SONGS FROM THE FUTURE, which is impossible, secret garden has to be copying from him or there is a another source.
          > >

          > > --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "jm_chohan1" <jm_chohan1@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Definitely ... The chord progression is the same ...

        • i2fswm
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 3, 2010
            Yes, galti se mistake ho gaya! Have added an update. I usually do a mail search before listing credits - goofed this time.

          • ravi_kesh2002
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 4, 2010
              Never mind... I am the same person as musicalmice(Ravindran) on Twitter... :)

              But seriously there are enough references out here which tend to say that there is a source much older than Secret Garden behind this inspiration.

              Regards,
              Ravindran

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
                lol !
                Well ... no harm is done in that case! :)

                Karthik, I think there are enough finding on yahoo group for many of your future posts on itwofs! :) Guys like Ravi_Kesh2002, canakida2 and many many more are an excellent resource and are keeping the yahoo group alive ...

                Jamshid.