Secret Garden and Anu's Zindagi Rocks Copy

  • ravi_kesh2002
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 22, 2009
      Anu Malik has got inspired (quite blatantly) from Secret Garden's Adagio song for his Zindagi Rocks song Ek Din Fursat

      Adagio
      ----
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoXEhhyC5VA

      Ek Din Fursat
      -----
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQlTnxcKSu8

      Adagio featured in the 1996 album titled 'Songs from a Secret Garden'
    • canakida2
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 22, 2009
        Nice find! I was wondering why it sounded so familiar! Only the tune is inspired with the "ek din fursat mein tame haath" part. Love this song

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 22, 2009
          and basically the violins were made into guitar strings lol

          --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "canakida2" <canakida2@...> wrote:

          > Nice find! I was wondering why it sounded so familiar! Only the tune is inspired with the "ek din fursat mein tame haath" part. Love this song
          >

          > --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "ravi_kesh2002" <ravi_kesh2002@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Anu Malik has got inspired (quite blatantly) from Secret Garden's Adagio song for his Zindagi Rocks song Ek Din Fursat
          > >
          > > Adagio
          > > ----
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoXEhhyC5VA
          > >

          > > Ek Din Fursat
          > > -----
          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQlTnxcKSu8
          > >
          > > Adagio featured in the 1996 album titled 'Songs from a Secret Garden'

        • Neel
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 23, 2009
            Interestingly this song, Maine Tumse Kuch Nahin from Katha has similar verses:

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncg8bGs9yAs

            Listen at 1:31. But I know that Katha came out sometime in the 80s! What do you think?

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 23, 2009
              Don't you guys think this song also sounds similar to Chand Mera Dil??

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW6VdPb08EQ

              Listen to the tune! There's a similarity with this and Ek Din Fursat and the Secret Garden song

              In fact I can think of plenty of songs that resemble this song that pre-date and some songs after words!

              --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "Neel" <neelt2001@...> wrote:

              > Interestingly this song, Maine Tumse Kuch Nahin from Katha has similar verses:
              >
              > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncg8bGs9yAs
              >
              > Listen at 1:31. But I know that Katha came out sometime in the 80s! What do you think?
              >
              > --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "ravi_kesh2002" <ravi_kesh2002@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Anu Malik has got inspired (quite blatantly) from Secret Garden's Adagio song for his Zindagi Rocks song Ek Din Fursat
              > >
              > > Adagio
              > > ----
              > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoXEhhyC5VA
              > >

              > > Ek Din Fursat
              > > -----
              > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQlTnxcKSu8
              > >
              > > Adagio featured in the 1996 album titled 'Songs from a Secret Garden'

            • jm_chohan1
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 23, 2009
                Definitely ... The chord progression is the same ...

                --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "canakida2" <canakida2@...> wrote:

                > Don't you guys think this song also sounds similar to Chand Mera Dil??
                >
                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW6VdPb08EQ
                >
                > Listen to the tune! There's a similarity with this and Ek Din Fursat and the Secret Garden song
                >
                > In fact I can think of plenty of songs that resemble this song that pre-date and some songs after words!
                >
                > --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "Neel" <neelt2001@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Interestingly this song, Maine Tumse Kuch Nahin from Katha has similar verses:
                > >
                > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncg8bGs9yAs
                > >
                > > Listen at 1:31. But I know that Katha came out sometime in the 80s! What do you think?
                > >
                > > --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "ravi_kesh2002" <ravi_kesh2002@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > Anu Malik has got inspired (quite blatantly) from Secret Garden's Adagio song for his Zindagi Rocks song Ek Din Fursat
                > > >
                > > > Adagio
                > > > ----
                > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoXEhhyC5VA
                > > >

                > > > Ek Din Fursat
                > > > -----
                > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQlTnxcKSu8
                > > >
                > > > Adagio featured in the 1996 album titled 'Songs from a Secret Garden'

              • anumalikfan
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 28, 2009
                  Okay seriously this is extremely fishy! Does anyone have any information on Secret Garden?? are they reochestrating old classical pieces or are they the ones copying from Indian songs??

                  There's an a song from Anu Malik's album Eyes, which was released in 1995!!! and it has a song called Eyes which I thought was copied from Secret Garden songs, but if it was released in 1995 A YEAR BEFORE secret garden, and he probably recorded it in late 1994!!!

                  Someone please clarify this!

                  Anu Malik Eyes (1995) and remember this was an international album!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vHI8tIjyjk (obviously an anu malik hater posted this but w/e)

                  LISTEN at 1:40 , the tune for Ek Din Furst comes up!!

                  what the hell!?!?!? Unless Anu Malik can COPY SONGS FROM THE FUTURE, which is impossible, secret garden has to be copying from him or there is a another source.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
                    The following songs have similar chord progression to the anu malik and secret garden songs. Listen and judge for yourself ....

                    Illusionen by Alexandra (THE original)
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT71ViCG0oM

                    If I never sing another song by Matt Monroe
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAiyYrnMS0g

                    If I never sing another song by Shirley Bassey
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5mApvL6mOI

                    Listen to the hook of the song starting from "if I sing another song ...". I am sure there other classical pieces and song with similar/same chord prgression. Just the matter of finding them :)

                    ciao
                    Jamshid

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
                      I see the similarity between all of them. But i'm mostly concerned why the Song Eyes has an exact same piece as the Secret Garden Ambiago! 'cause really how on earth would SG copy from Anu Malik!! As much as I love Anu it's really hard to believe, as much as I'd like to believe it! none of these add up! lol all we have are chords and simialirties but none of them are the exact same music piece as the Eyes song and the SG song! I really want this cleared up this is so confusing

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 3, 2010
                        Karthik,

                        Just saw your post on itwofs regarding Anu Malik's 'Ek din Fursat mein' and was surprised that you did not credited ravi_kesh2002 with this find ???!!

                        --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "jm_chohan1" <jm_chohan1@...> wrote:

                        > The following songs have similar chord progression to the anu malik and secret garden songs. Listen and judge for yourself ....
                        >
                        > Illusionen by Alexandra (THE original)
                        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT71ViCG0oM
                        >
                        > If I never sing another song by Matt Monroe
                        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAiyYrnMS0g
                        >
                        > If I never sing another song by Shirley Bassey
                        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5mApvL6mOI
                        >
                        > Listen to the hook of the song starting from "if I sing another song ...". I am sure there other classical pieces and song with similar/same chord prgression. Just the matter of finding them :)
                        >
                        > ciao
                        > Jamshid
                        >

                        > --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "anumalikfan" <anumalikfan@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Okay seriously this is extremely fishy! Does anyone have any information on Secret Garden?? are they reochestrating old classical pieces or are they the ones copying from Indian songs??
                        > >

                        > > There's an a song from Anu Malik's album Eyes, which was released in 1995!!! and it has a song called Eyes which I thought was copied from Secret Garden songs, but if it was released in 1995 A YEAR BEFORE secret garden, and he probably recorded it in late 1994!!!
                        > >
                        > > Someone please clarify this!
                        > >
                        > > Anu Malik Eyes (1995) and remember this was an international album!
                        > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vHI8tIjyjk (obviously an anu malik hater posted this but w/e)
                        > >
                        > > LISTEN at 1:40 , the tune for Ek Din Furst comes up!!
                        > >
                        > > what the hell!?!?!? Unless Anu Malik can COPY SONGS FROM THE FUTURE, which is impossible, secret garden has to be copying from him or there is a another source.
                        > >

                        > > --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "jm_chohan1" <jm_chohan1@> wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Definitely ... The chord progression is the same ...

                      • i2fswm
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 3, 2010
                          Yes, galti se mistake ho gaya! Have added an update. I usually do a mail search before listing credits - goofed this time.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 4, 2010
                            Never mind... I am the same person as musicalmice(Ravindran) on Twitter... :)

                            But seriously there are enough references out here which tend to say that there is a source much older than Secret Garden behind this inspiration.

                            Regards,
                            Ravindran

                            Message 13 of 13 , Jan 5, 2010
                              lol !
                              Well ... no harm is done in that case! :)

                              Karthik, I think there are enough finding on yahoo group for many of your future posts on itwofs! :) Guys like Ravi_Kesh2002, canakida2 and many many more are an excellent resource and are keeping the yahoo group alive ...

                              Jamshid.