Bappi Lahiri - Rambha ho (Armaan - 1981)

  • swrhsa
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 18, 2009
      I was watching Frost/Nixon last night and heard the Donna Summer song - I feel love - playing in the background toward the tail end of the movie. I was immediately reminded of Bappi Lahiri's Rambha Ho! After minimal reasearch I found the following on YouTube.

      Link (Ramba ho) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7Cg-eFUWho

      Comments on youtube by ExstacyQueen - This song is 'heavily inspired' by two other songs. 0:57-1:37 copied from "Que Sera Mi Vida (If You Should Go)" by The Gibson Brothers . And 2:42-3:04 are from "I Feel Love" by Donna Summer.

      Neil
    • canakida2
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2009
        I'm actually laughing so hard! Did anyone watch the video where Bappi says this is the "SOURCE" for Jai Ho from SM ahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahha

        --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "swrhsa" <swrhsa@...> wrote:

        > I was watching Frost/Nixon last night and heard the Donna Summer song - I feel love - playing in the background toward the tail end of the movie. I was immediately reminded of Bappi Lahiri's Rambha Ho! After minimal reasearch I found the following on YouTube.
        >
        > Link (Ramba ho) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7Cg-eFUWho
        >
        > Comments on youtube by ExstacyQueen - This song is 'heavily inspired' by two other songs. 0:57-1:37 copied from "Que Sera Mi Vida (If You Should Go)" by The Gibson Brothers . And 2:42-3:04 are from "I Feel Love" by Donna Summer.
        >
        > Neil

      • Ashutosh Dubey
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 20, 2009
          In Addtition to Bappi, RD Burman and Biddu to used this composition. If you hear carefully to Donna's Song the background music  is taken in Shaan's title Song sung by Asha Bhonsale -- Pyar Karne Waale pyar karte hein Shaan Se..

          Also Biddu used the same background music in Star film's super hit song sung by Nazia Hassan -- "Boom Boom"!!

          --Ashutosh

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 20, 2009
            you know what? I miss the 80s and 90s. I know copying/lifting or being "inspired" is considered a bad thing but I don't care. The effort on the music director sucks, but now all the emphasis on being "original" has got most music directors petrified from even being inspired (now, not blatant lifts, those are always bad irregardless)!

            Like c'mon, can you honestly say you don't enjoy songs like Raja Ko Rani Se, Dheere Dheere Aap Mere, Tumhe Chede Hawa Chanchal, or Palkon Ke Tale?

            I miss hearing songs that were amazing despite the really random sources, we are missing out on that nowadays, like come on who doesn't want to hear a love song based off some old movie theme haha I think people should bite the bullet and pay the royalities or put the credit where it matters, but I really wish all the music directors weren't afraid to be inspired anymore.