Re: Oldie Lift by Anu Malik in film Toofan

  • canakida2
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 6, 2008
      --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "Maheshkumar Mathilakath"
      <mathilakath@...> wrote:

      > Ravi
      > I never came up with the opinion that music arrangement enhanced Anu
      Malik's
      > music... That was opined by Stephen and Music Lover... I only asked if
      > anybody knows the originals of Main Hoo Na and Janeman songs, which
      I adore.
      > And they gave their replies.
      > Like you do while analysing music, please also do read emails in detail
      > before jumping to conclusions.
      > Cheers
      > Mahesh
      >
      > On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 8:29 AM, ravi_kesh2002 <ravi_kesh2002@...>wrote:
      >
      > > Mahesh, I feel very sorry for your ignorance about Anu Malik and
      music
      > > in general. Just because somebody has arranged the music, that doesn't
      > > mean that you take away the credit from the music director. Remember
      > > for any music to touch your heart the tune is the most important
      > > thing. The music and sound arrangements that plays around the main
      > > tune only can enhance the song but cannot make the whole song...

      gori gori gori is inspired

      BY AN OLD ANU MALIK SONG!!!

      called churaya tune dil mera from laat saab. so stfu for you all
      idiots who always trying to give flack to anu for anything he did or
      did not compose. i'm sure if they were given credit to ARR, no one
      would ever suspect a copy, and even if it is was, it's a mere
      "inspiration". stupid double standards....
    • Gireesh Bhat
      Message 2 of 24 , Nov 7, 2008

        I don't agree. Churaya tune dil from Laatsaab is a totally different song than Gori Gori. Churaya Tune Dil was oodles better than Gori Gori.
        Gori Gori is a prime example of a song Anu puts in as filler. His singing makes it even worse.
        I don't know why Anu insists on singing. His voice is terrible and it ruins the song.
        There was a song "Maara gaya oo pyar mein" with Anuradha Paudwal (name of the movie is eluding me now-it was on Tseries-anybody remember?) that would have been quite good if he had not trashed it so badly.
        My view on Anu is that he is good enough to give fantastic original music e.g. Hame Jabse Mohabbat from Border, Baazigar O Baazigar, Sir we love you from Sir etc. Why he resorts to stealing when he has shown his immense talent before baffles me.

        Message 3 of 24 , Nov 7, 2008
          It's the same style. He also used this style in Lenga Lenga Lenga and
          Hum Aur Tum Aur Yeh Shaam.

          I actually like his voice when he uses in like the comical/cringe
          worthy filler songs, and the song you're talking about is Maar Gayi
          from Jaanam 1992, which on the contrary is one of the few songs where
          he sounds somewhat decent. another one would be his version of Kaise
          Dil Jeete Aapka from Madam X.

          i love his original a lot, and u can tell what his original work is,
          he has this thing where he finds tunes within his own songs and makes
          an entire song of it!! without rehashing the entire song. it's
          actually talented i'd say.

          Just listen to Do Bol Kehke from Radha Ka Sangam, there's a musical
          interlude in there, and it was later made into Aisi Wesi Baat nahin
          from hero hindustani!! this is one way to prove which songs of his are
          orignal. If u lsiten to his songs in Poonam 1981, in the music
          interludes, he made into the amazing title song for Fiza! Then there's
          another one where he made into Chori Chori from Kareeb!

          but yeah, thing is, a lot of his actually GOOD songs are original, and
          some of his other really good ones aren't.

          --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, Gireesh Bhat <gireesh_bhat@...> wrote:

          > I don't agree. Churaya tune dil from Laatsaab is a totally different
          song than Gori Gori. Churaya Tune Dil was oodles better than Gori Gori.
          > Gori Gori is a prime example of a song Anu puts in as filler. His
          singing makes it even worse.
          > I don't know why Anu insists on singing. His voice is terrible and
          it ruins the song.
          > There was a song "Maara gaya oo pyar mein" with Anuradha Paudwal
          (name of the movie is eluding me now-it was on Tseries-anybody
          remember?) that would have been quite good if he had not trashed it so
          badly.
          > My view on Anu is that he is good enough to give fantastic original
          music e.g. Hame Jabse Mohabbat from Border, Baazigar O Baazigar, Sir
          we love you from Sir etc. Why he resorts to stealing when he has shown
          his immense talent before baffles me.

          > >gori gori gori is inspired
          >
          > >BY AN OLD ANU MALIK SONG!!!
          >
          > >called churaya tune dil mera from laat saab. so stfu for you all
          > >idiots who always trying to give flack to anu for anything he did or
          > >did not compose. i'm sure if they were given credit to ARR, no one
          > >would ever suspect a copy, and even if it is was, it's a mere
          > >"inspiration". stupid double standards....

        • Joi
          Message 4 of 24 , Jun 18, 2009
            Ha ha - where did you get that? Hawa Hawa is copied from Kourosh Yaghmaei's Havar Havar. I don't think Amr Diab even has a song titled Habar Habar - and if he does - then he's every bit as guilty of plagiarizing as Anu and Hassan Jahangir.

            --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, SOURAV SEN <amins3@...> wrote:

            > hawa hawa song is also copied from amr diab's habar habar
            >
            > sourav sen

          • Jamshid
            Message 5 of 24 , Jun 18, 2009
              Here is the link for havar havar original in farsi ...

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROlkr5dmGAw

              Jamshid.

              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 19, 2009
                K! you guys there is another song that is copied from that farsi song from the late eighties!!! Like either a bappi film or maybe laxmikant pyarelal song???

                but yeah in the toofan song, the mukdha is definately lifted from that song.