Re: [i2fs] Re: Oldie Lift by Anu Malik in film Toofan

  • stephen d'souza
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hello Bros.

      I may have some answers for you. Though the music director for Jaaneman is Anu Malik, G.V Prakash (A.R. Rehaman's nephew) arranged it. which means even if the tune is Anu malik's, the overall orchestra arrangement is Prakash's. So the final outcome of the song is lot dependent on the arranger also who may even tweak the tune to suit to his own style. Hence you see that the songs don't have the Anu Malik feel to them, and as you said you feel a south indian style (becos of GV Prakash).

      And in Main Hoon Na, it was Ranjit Barot who arranged. Now you know why the title song sounded bit different. ;)

      Cheers!!!

      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 1, 2008
        Great answer. Appreciate your insight & knowledge, bro.

        Cheers.
        Vishal

        I may have some answers for you. Though the music director for Jaaneman is Anu Malik, G.V Prakash (A.R. Rehaman's nephew) arranged it. which means even if the tune is Anu malik's, the overall orchestra arrangement is Prakash's. So the final outcome of the song is lot dependent on the arranger also who may even tweak the tune to suit to his own style. Hence you see that the songs don't have the Anu Malik feel to them, and as you said you feel a south indian style (becos of GV Prakash).

        And in Main Hoon Na, it was Ranjit Barot who arranged. Now you know why the title song sounded bit different. ;)

        Cheers!!!

        Mahesh! It appears that ----ajanabi shahar & ---sau dard hai----(JAANEMAN) ---are inpired from some south indian movie---i m just guessing by just listening to the excellent flute pieces and music arrangement  in the songs. Ajnabi shahar----antara- --looks like some old hindi film song. Though it is to be admitted that ---Sau dard hai --is a excellent song.

        About ---main hoon na---I suspect, but dont have proofs, especislly ----Gori, gori, gori----is looks to be  inspired.

        Chill...!

        --- In i2fs@yahoogroups. com, "Maheshkumar Mathilakath" <mathilakath@ ...> wrote:

        > I agree... most of Anu Malik's numbers are copies...
        > Can anybody throw some light on Anu Malik's music in Main Hoo Na
        > (specifically the title song) and Janeman (Ajnabi Shehar & Humko Maloom
        > Hai)? These songs are too good to be Anu Malik's..
        >
        > Cheers
        > Mahesh

        Smileys Preview
        Get Free Smileys for Your IM & Email - Learn more at www.crawler.com/smileys
        Works with AIM®, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, ICQ®, Google Talk and most webmails
      • music_heart_lover
        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 1, 2008
          Nice brother! Good! Ranjit barot is one of the music arranger who earn
          much more than a normal music director (dont include AR Rahaman). Some
          of the films, in which he arranged music are--Fiza (Anu Malik), Chameli
          (again Anu Malik). Things are very clear....

          chill...!
        • Maheshkumar Mathilakath

            Mahesh! It appears that ----ajanabi shahar & ---sau dard hai----(JAANEMAN) ---are inpired from some south indian movie---i m just guessing by just listening to the excellent flute pieces and music arrangement  in the songs. Ajnabi shahar----antara- --looks like some old hindi film song. Though it is to be admitted that ---Sau dard hai --is a excellent song.

            About ---main hoon na---I suspect, but dont have proofs, especislly ----Gori, gori, gori----is looks to be  inspired.

            Chill...!

            --- In i2fs@yahoogroups. com, "Maheshkumar Mathilakath" <mathilakath@ ...> wrote:

            > I agree... most of Anu Malik's numbers are copies...
            > Can anybody throw some light on Anu Malik's music in Main Hoo Na
            > (specifically the title song) and Janeman (Ajnabi Shehar & Humko Maloom
            > Hai)? These songs are too good to be Anu Malik's..
            >
            > Cheers
            > Mahesh

          • music_heart_lover
            Message 5 of 24 , Oct 1, 2008
              Sorry ! the music of Chameli is composed by Sandesh Shandilya,
              thanks to my friend Stephen! the error is regretted! thanks.

              <mathilakath@...> wrote:

              > Thanks Stephen and Music Lover...for your answers..
              >
              > Am wondering why producers still pay Anu Malik when it is common
              knowledge
              > that he's got helpers around. In the new film "Rock On"... Anu
              Malik (in a
              > brief role) plays himself... i.e. a stealing musician.. must give
              it to him
              > for accepting the role, though..
              >
              > Cheers
              > Mahesh
              >
              > On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 4:40 PM, stephen d'souza
              <dsouza_stp@...>wrote:

              > > Hello Bros.
              > >
              > > I may have some answers for you. Though the music director for
              Jaaneman is
              > > Anu Malik, G.V Prakash (A.R. Rehaman's nephew) arranged it.
              which means even
              > > if the tune is Anu malik's, the overall orchestra arrangement is
              Prakash's.
              > > So the final outcome of the song is lot dependent on the
              arranger also who
              > > may even tweak the tune to suit to his own style. Hence you see
              that the
              > > songs don't have the Anu Malik feel to them, and as you said you
              feel a
              > > south indian style (becos of GV Prakash).
              > >
              > > And in Main Hoon Na, it was Ranjit Barot who arranged. Now you
              know why the
              > > title song sounded bit different. ;)
              > >
              > > Cheers!!!

              now<http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_mail_2/*http://help.yahoo.com/l/in
              /yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html/>

            • ravi_kesh2002
              Message 6 of 24 , Oct 1, 2008
                Mahesh, I feel very sorry for your ignorance about Anu Malik and music
                in general. Just because somebody has arranged the music, that doesn't
                mean that you take away the credit from the music director. Remember
                for any music to touch your heart the tune is the most important
                thing. The music and sound arrangements that plays around the main
                tune only can enhance the song but cannot make the whole song...
              • ravi_kesh2002
                Message 7 of 24 , Oct 1, 2008
                  --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "ravi_kesh2002" <ravi_kesh2002@...> wrote:

                  > Mahesh, I feel very sorry for your ignorance about Anu Malik and music
                  > in general. Just because somebody has arranged the music, that doesn't
                  > mean that you take away the credit from the music director. Remember
                  > for any music to touch your heart the tune is the most important
                  > thing. The music and sound arrangements that plays around the main
                  > tune only can enhance the song but cannot make the whole song...

                  This also applies to MR music_heart_lover....
                • Maheshkumar Mathilakath
                  Message 8 of 24 , Oct 3, 2008
                    Ravi
                    I never came up with the opinion that music arrangement enhanced Anu Malik's music... That was opined by Stephen and Music Lover... I only asked if anybody knows the originals of Main Hoo Na and Janeman songs, which I adore. And they gave their replies.
                    Like you do while analysing music, please also do read emails in detail before jumping to conclusions.
                    Cheers
                    Mahesh

                    On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 8:29 AM, ravi_kesh2002 <ravi_kesh2002@...> wrote:

                    Mahesh, I feel very sorry for your ignorance about Anu Malik and music
                    in general. Just because somebody has arranged the music, that doesn't
                    mean that you take away the credit from the music director. Remember
                    for any music to touch your heart the tune is the most important
                    thing. The music and sound arrangements that plays around the main
                    tune only can enhance the song but cannot make the whole song...

                  • canakida2
                    Message 9 of 24 , Nov 6, 2008
                      <mathilakath@...> wrote:

                      > Ravi
                      > I never came up with the opinion that music arrangement enhanced Anu
                      Malik's
                      > music... That was opined by Stephen and Music Lover... I only asked if
                      > anybody knows the originals of Main Hoo Na and Janeman songs, which
                      I adore.
                      > And they gave their replies.
                      > Like you do while analysing music, please also do read emails in detail
                      > before jumping to conclusions.
                      > Cheers
                      > Mahesh
                      >
                      > On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 8:29 AM, ravi_kesh2002 <ravi_kesh2002@...>wrote:
                      >
                      > > Mahesh, I feel very sorry for your ignorance about Anu Malik and
                      music
                      > > in general. Just because somebody has arranged the music, that doesn't
                      > > mean that you take away the credit from the music director. Remember
                      > > for any music to touch your heart the tune is the most important
                      > > thing. The music and sound arrangements that plays around the main
                      > > tune only can enhance the song but cannot make the whole song...

                      gori gori gori is inspired

                      BY AN OLD ANU MALIK SONG!!!

                      called churaya tune dil mera from laat saab. so stfu for you all
                      idiots who always trying to give flack to anu for anything he did or
                      did not compose. i'm sure if they were given credit to ARR, no one
                      would ever suspect a copy, and even if it is was, it's a mere
                      "inspiration". stupid double standards....
                    • Gireesh Bhat
                      Message 10 of 24 , Nov 7, 2008

                        I don't agree. Churaya tune dil from Laatsaab is a totally different song than Gori Gori. Churaya Tune Dil was oodles better than Gori Gori.
                        Gori Gori is a prime example of a song Anu puts in as filler. His singing makes it even worse.
                        I don't know why Anu insists on singing. His voice is terrible and it ruins the song.
                        There was a song "Maara gaya oo pyar mein" with Anuradha Paudwal (name of the movie is eluding me now-it was on Tseries-anybody remember?) that would have been quite good if he had not trashed it so badly.
                        My view on Anu is that he is good enough to give fantastic original music e.g. Hame Jabse Mohabbat from Border, Baazigar O Baazigar, Sir we love you from Sir etc. Why he resorts to stealing when he has shown his immense talent before baffles me.

                        Message 11 of 24 , Nov 7, 2008
                          It's the same style. He also used this style in Lenga Lenga Lenga and
                          Hum Aur Tum Aur Yeh Shaam.

                          I actually like his voice when he uses in like the comical/cringe
                          worthy filler songs, and the song you're talking about is Maar Gayi
                          from Jaanam 1992, which on the contrary is one of the few songs where
                          he sounds somewhat decent. another one would be his version of Kaise
                          Dil Jeete Aapka from Madam X.

                          i love his original a lot, and u can tell what his original work is,
                          he has this thing where he finds tunes within his own songs and makes
                          an entire song of it!! without rehashing the entire song. it's
                          actually talented i'd say.

                          Just listen to Do Bol Kehke from Radha Ka Sangam, there's a musical
                          interlude in there, and it was later made into Aisi Wesi Baat nahin
                          from hero hindustani!! this is one way to prove which songs of his are
                          orignal. If u lsiten to his songs in Poonam 1981, in the music
                          interludes, he made into the amazing title song for Fiza! Then there's
                          another one where he made into Chori Chori from Kareeb!

                          but yeah, thing is, a lot of his actually GOOD songs are original, and
                          some of his other really good ones aren't.

                          --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, Gireesh Bhat <gireesh_bhat@...> wrote:

                          > I don't agree. Churaya tune dil from Laatsaab is a totally different
                          song than Gori Gori. Churaya Tune Dil was oodles better than Gori Gori.
                          > Gori Gori is a prime example of a song Anu puts in as filler. His
                          singing makes it even worse.
                          > I don't know why Anu insists on singing. His voice is terrible and
                          it ruins the song.
                          > There was a song "Maara gaya oo pyar mein" with Anuradha Paudwal
                          (name of the movie is eluding me now-it was on Tseries-anybody
                          remember?) that would have been quite good if he had not trashed it so
                          badly.
                          > My view on Anu is that he is good enough to give fantastic original
                          music e.g. Hame Jabse Mohabbat from Border, Baazigar O Baazigar, Sir
                          we love you from Sir etc. Why he resorts to stealing when he has shown
                          his immense talent before baffles me.

                          > >gori gori gori is inspired
                          >
                          > >BY AN OLD ANU MALIK SONG!!!
                          >
                          > >called churaya tune dil mera from laat saab. so stfu for you all
                          > >idiots who always trying to give flack to anu for anything he did or
                          > >did not compose. i'm sure if they were given credit to ARR, no one
                          > >would ever suspect a copy, and even if it is was, it's a mere
                          > >"inspiration". stupid double standards....

                        • Joi
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jun 18, 2009
                            Ha ha - where did you get that? Hawa Hawa is copied from Kourosh Yaghmaei's Havar Havar. I don't think Amr Diab even has a song titled Habar Habar - and if he does - then he's every bit as guilty of plagiarizing as Anu and Hassan Jahangir.

                            --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, SOURAV SEN <amins3@...> wrote:

                            > hawa hawa song is also copied from amr diab's habar habar
                            >
                            > sourav sen

                          • Jamshid
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jun 18, 2009
                              Here is the link for havar havar original in farsi ...

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROlkr5dmGAw

                              Jamshid.

                              Message 14 of 24 , Jun 19, 2009
                                K! you guys there is another song that is copied from that farsi song from the late eighties!!! Like either a bappi film or maybe laxmikant pyarelal song???

                                but yeah in the toofan song, the mukdha is definately lifted from that song.