The strange case of Salma Pe Dil Aa gaya

  • Anirudh/अनिरूद्ध Bhatt/
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2008
      The 1997 movie Salma Pe Dil Aa Gaya has music by Aadesh Srivastava. It features a song titled 'Zara Dholki Uthao Goriyo', sung by Udit Narayan and Asha Bhosale. This song is a note-by-note [together with like 95% of the lyrics] copy of the Adnan Saami song 'Dholki' from his album Kabhi To nazar milao/Sargam. The song Dholki was initially released in an album titled Sargam in 1995 in Pakistan. What baffles me is  that Adesh Srivastava managed to rope in Asha Bhosle to sing the supposedly copied version too. Comments please.

      http://www.uploading.com/files/S1ZHQQ93/SalmaPeDilAaGayaZaraDholkiBajaoGoriyo.mp3.html
    • i2fswm
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2008
        Good point - I've been wondering about this too when I heard Adnan's
        track. Aadesh anyway has some minimal dubiousness in his track record
        - but I wonder how Asha agreed!

        --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "Anirudh/अनिरूद्ध Bhatt/भट्ट" <anibhatt@...>