Fractal music

  • Samhan
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      I have recently come across software that generates good music using
      mathematical algorithms ..... wait till Pritam hears about it...
      google "fractal music" .. And I have a suspicion as to whether some
      top mds secretly use it.
    • Bharath Venkatesan
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
        Fractal Music has been popular among electronic artists for quite some time now. I use a fractal generator for sound design experiments. My experience, with couple of tools I have is that, it gets bit tricky with microtonal music (like Carnatic or Hindustani) and it is only as powerful as the input parameters you can feed it. Garbage-in/Garbage-out.

        Sure they can get "inspired" from machine generated note patterns. :)

        --
        :: Bharath
        http://singingphotons.net

        On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 2:55 AM, Samhan <pickledbrains@...> wrote:
        I have recently come across software that generates good music using
        mathematical algorithms ..... wait till Pritam hears about it...
        google "fractal music" .. And I have a suspicion as to whether some
        top mds secretly use it.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           mailto:i2fs-digest@yahoogroups.com
           mailto:i2fs-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Samhan
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2008
          --- In i2fs@yahoogroups.com, "Bharath
          Venkatesan" <rvbharathidasan@...> wrote:

          > Fractal Music has been popular among electronic artists for quite
          some time
          > now. I use a fractal generator for sound design experiments. My
          experience,
          > with couple of tools I have is that, it gets bit tricky with
          microtonal
          > music (like Carnatic or Hindustani) and it is only as powerful as
          the input
          > parameters you can feed it. Garbage-in/Garbage-out.
          >
          > Sure they can get "inspired" from machine generated note
          patterns. :)

          > --
          > :: Bharath
          > http://singingphotons.net
          >
          > On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 2:55 AM, Samhan <pickledbrains@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I have recently come across software that generates good music
          using
          > > mathematical algorithms ..... wait till Pritam hears about it...
          > > google "fractal music" .. And I have a suspicion as to whether
          some
          > > top mds secretly use it.
          > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Hey Bharath I checked your website and I must say Im mighty impressed
          Since you know a lot about music i want to ask you what do i have to
          do in order to become a sound engineer/designer . Im just 17 now .
          But i guess i would find it hard as my knowledge of music is
          limited..I became curious after i came across basic software like
          Audacity and Soundforge ... and started mixing it up with software
          synths .. Looking forward to a reply ..