Don Theme song

  • sreekumar menon
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
      Hi All,

      The DON theme song that plays on the TV nowadays seems to be an inspired version
      of the instrumental song "Victory" by Bond.
      Atleast the start of the song sounds similar.
      Let me know whay you guys think about it

      Joi <joi_devivre@...> wrote:
      This is an old one, but I thought I'd put it in none the less, because
      I don't know if you've included it or not.

      In the film Aulad (1987), starring Jaya Prada and Jeetendra, with
      music by Laxmikant Pyarelal. Jaya sings a song to her on-screen son
      Baby Guddu that goes like this:

      Tan tan ghadi mein baj gaye dus
      Raat huyi ab batein bas

      The song is a note-by-note copy of the famous French children's song,
      Frere Jacques. I couldn't find an audio file of the Aulad song online,
      but here's the Frere Jacques song:

      http://ste-therese. nbed.nb.ca/ nosprojets/ chansonsenfantin es/jacques. htm

    • Bala Bala
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2006
        It is not a copy. It is a Bond-ized theme song based
        on the title track of the original film. Cannot call
        this a copy or inspiration since it is very apparent
        that this was the motive all along.

        http://mail.yahoo.com