[WaterForum] Activated Carbon usage rate

  • Peter Gringinger
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      Hi Peter,

      your question is quite interesting. Please tell me when you get some useful
      information.

      We are working in soil remediation since many years and have developed
      several vacuum enhanced or air blowing technologies where we need to treat
      off-gas or contaminated water using activated carbon. We do not use any
      programmes, but just our experience. The main problem for programmes will be
      that each contamination will be different and also the flow rate of
      contamination usually is not constant. So we use two filters in line (one as
      a police filter) and measure in intervals at a sampling point between both
      filters whether the loading capacity is reached. For new projects we use
      data we have obtained in former projects. Please tell me if this might be of
      any help for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me for further
      discussion.

      Kind regards
      Volker

      My address:

      Dr. Volker Friehmelt

      BUTEC Umwelttechnik GmbH
      K├Âlner Strasse 6 Tel. : +49(0)6196 936-412

      D-65760 Eschborn Fax : +49(0)6196 936-299

      Germany
      EMail: friehmelt@...
      Web : <http://www.butecumwelt.de/>
      ---

      Hi,

      I am wondering if someone knows about any programs which do calculations
      of
      activated carbon usage rate (vapour or water stream) of VOC's, which we
      use
      for remediation systems. I have heard about a model called MTU, which was
      developed by Arizona University, but could not find any traces of it yet.

      Additionally I am looking for information on what (minimum) residence time
      VOC vapours normally require inside the carbon beds to absorb to the
      carbon.

      Best regards

      Peter

      Peter Gringinger
      Project Manager
      SEDDON, Victoria 3011
      AUSTRALIA
      peter.gringinger@...

      WaterForum, A Worldwide Water Discussion sponsored by WWW.ROCKWARE.COM

      Intro to ArcGIS 9 Training with an Environmental Focus, February 23-25,
      2005 in downtown Denver, Colorado, reserve you seat today! Two day of Intro
      to ArcGIS training by an ESRI certified trainer and a third day with an
      applied environmental project.
      http://www.rockware.com/training.html

      NEW! The Geochemist's Workbench (R) Essentials: The essential set of
      aqueous geochemistry tools: reaction balancing, activity diagrams,
      speciation, piper/stiff and more -- $599.00

      More info at http://www.rockware.com

      To get a DIGEST version /or for administration E-MAIL:
      waterforum@...

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor