Query on SCS CN method

  • sureshbabu parasuraman
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7 2:57 AM
      Dear all,

      i am a new member of this group....

      I am doing my research work in " Remote sensing and GIS in Hydrology and
      water resources engineering ",, Especially in Surface water side.

      In surface water runoff models, most of them used the famous "SCS CN method"
      for estimation of runoff.Some used the lumped and distributed models.

      I want to do my research in watershed modeling using SCS CN method .

      I want to know , "What are the demerits/disadvantages of that method"?

      "How i can overcome those things.? "

      For example, in one of the literature paper, they mensioned that In SCS,
      they not included the surface roughness as a parameter. But in SCS TR-55
      model, they included this. But this for urban watershed.

      So, shall anybody clarify and explain my query reg,. this. This will be my
      most imp. research component in future.

      with regards,

      suresh babu.P.

      P. SURESH BABU