Re: [hydforum] How to estimate "average annual flow" for streams in small watersheds?

  • muoi cham
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2004
      Dear All!

      I'm doing thesis about flood risk management by using distributed hydrology model. Any one have literature review give me. And any one have the same topic, we can discuss

      Thank you very much!

      Muoi

    • Robert Campbell
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
        To all:

        Thanks for the help. I found an answer to my question, and feel
        obligated to share it.

        USGS and the GA DNR released a document in 1983 called "Storage
        Requirements for Georgia Streams," which was intended to provide some
        guidelines for water balance calculations when damming streams in
        Georgia. An addendum to this report was a map that showed contour lines
        of equal mean annual runoff, and the stream gauging stations from which
        the contour map was devised. It's only accurate to 0.3 cfs/mi^2, but it
        should give local municipalities enough of an idea of the drainage
        characteristics when they review engineering plans.

        Thanks for the input.

        -Robert Campbell
        Staff Hydrologist
        Southern Civil Engineers, Inc.

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2004
          Robert, May I ask you for the exact name and exact location of the
          estimator/calculator?
          Regards
          Kef

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
            STORAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR GEORGIA STREAMS
            By R. F. Carter
            ---
            U.S. Geological Survey
            Water Resource Investigations
            Open-File Report 82-557

            Prepared in cooperation with the
            GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES

            Doraville, Georgia
            1983

            At 11:04 AM 7/31/2004, you wrote:

> [...]

            email to the addresses given below -

            Hydrological Modelling:
            hydrologymodel-subscribe@...

            Ground Water Modelling:
            gwmodel-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            Roorkee Hydrology Group:
            rhydrology-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            * Post message: hydforum@yahoogroups.com

            * This list is moderated by C. P. Kumar -
            http://www.angelfire.com/nh/cpkumar/
            * Subscribe other related groups by sending blank
            email to the addresses given below -

            Hydrological Modelling:
            hydrologymodel-subscribe@...

            Ground Water Modelling:
            gwmodel-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            Roorkee Hydrology Group:
            rhydrology-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            * Post message: hydforum@yahoogroups.com

            * This list is moderated by C. P. Kumar -
            http://www.angelfire.com/nh/cpkumar/
            * Subscribe other related groups by sending blank

          • netra khatri
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2004
              Hello there

              I was wondering if there's any accurate method to measure oxygen concentration in streams other than YSI field probe.

              Also is there any way to come up with good number for oxygen concentration from dissolved oxygen concentration.Is there some other unit for that measurement.

              Any comments will be appreciated.

              Regards

              Netra

              At 11:04 AM 7/31/2004, you wrote:

> [...]

              email to the addresses given below -

              Hydrological Modelling:
              hydrologymodel-subscribe@...

              Ground Water Modelling:
              gwmodel-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              Roorkee Hydrology Group:
              rhydrology-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              * Post message: hydforum@yahoogroups.com

              * This list is moderated by C. P. Kumar -
              http://www.angelfire.com/nh/cpkumar/
              * Subscribe other related groups by sending blank
              email to the addresses given below -

              Hydrological Modelling:
              hydrologymodel-subscribe@...

              Ground Water Modelling:
              gwmodel-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              Roorkee Hydrology Group:
              rhydrology-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

              * Post message: hydforum@yahoogroups.com

              * This list is moderated by C. P. Kumar - http://www.angelfire.com/nh/cpkumar/
              * Subscribe other related groups by sending blank

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT