Re: [hydforum] role of BMPs

  • GSE@inel.gov
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi Jim

      As always, whether someone is a "credible presenter" is to a large extent
      in the eye of the beholder, so I don't really know how to answer that part
      of your question. However, I am sure that within the broad range of
      professionals who will be presenting there will be a good cross section of
      experiences, ideas and opinions. I'm sure that some of them will talk
      about things that resonate well with your concepts of "total onsite
      retention of rainwater" some will take a more engineered structural
      approach to rainwater management and some will disagree with the concept
      for one reason or another. But that is the nature of
      engineering/scientific discourse, and we want that type of diversity. Of
      course you know that your and your colleagues are always welcome to attend
      and contribute your learned experience and opinions on this topic as well!
      I hope to see you there...!

      Cheers

      Jerry
      ________________________
      Gerald Sehlke
      Advisory Scientist/Engineer
      Integrated Environmental Analysis Department
      Idaho National Engineering & Environmental Laboratory
      PO Box 1625
      Idaho Falls, Idaho 83415-2213
      208.526.7362
      gse@...
      Õ¿Õ

      <jesl@...
      t> To: <hydforum@yahoogroups.com>
      cc:
      11/26/2003 09:55 Fax to:
      PM Subject: [hydforum] role of BMPs
      Please respond to
      hydforum

      Jerry
      With the ASCE sponsoring this Congress do you suppose there will be any
      credible presenters of the "non-engineered" approach to pollution
      prevention; total onsite retention of rainwater? (Of course a certain
      level of engineering is required and of course "total" is not technicially
      accurate.)

      I've yet to discover a senior manager in public service or with a major
      private firm willing to accept this concept as the sole alternative to
      drainage-based planning and design, and would be happy to refer those who
      seek my advice to such a person..

      Jim Marple