ArcToolbox - Spatial Analyst

  • C. P. Kumar
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2011
      Re: QUERRY
      Saturday, December 3, 2011 1:58 AM
      From: "jasmin i" <jasmin_arun@...>

      Dear Sir,

      I have created the groundwater potential map of my river basin by overlaying the thematic maps such as Rainfall, Geomorphology, geology, Landuse/Landcove, Soil, Slope and drainage density in ArcGIS . The weights and scores for each thematic map and the various classes in each map has been assigned based on previous literatures. To validate the groundwater potential map created, I am trying to compare it with the actual yield map. For that, an yield map has been prepared from the bore well yield data (performed Inverse Distance Weighted method for the yield values obtained from pump test data).

      My doubts are:

      (1) Am I correct in attempting the 'band collection statistics' tool (available in 'ArcToolbox-Spatial Analyst tools-multivarate-band collection statistics in ArcGIS' )
      to compare the groundwater potential map created through map overlay and the actual yield map.
      .
      I tried doing that, and I am getting a correlation value of 0.7 for comparing the two maps (groundwater potential map and yield map) for the weights given . This I can improve by changing the weights of each theme to arrive at a good correlation.

      (2) What are the other spatial statistical tools available in ArcGIS to compare two raster data sets.

      Expecting your valuable suggestions in this regard
      Thank you sir

      Regards
      Jasmin