Re: [hydforum] DEM data

  • suresh babu
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2010
      Hi all,

      I really thank you all. I am able to digitize the catchments and river
      network from SRTM 90 m data (available freely online!!) for Johor river
      catchment. I used MIKE BASIN (also can use MIKE GIS) for this task.

      As everyone knows, DATA AVAILABILITY is the main issue for every project. I
      have another problem: No cross sectional data available for this Johor
      River, Malaysia. I can go to government authority for such data which will
      cost me and also needs to follow ups with lot of procedures/permissions. Is
      there any other way to get such details, example from SRTM data? I have
      tried to use "MIKE-GIS - Autogenerate cross section" option but end up with
      no useful data.

      Thanks once again.

      Suresh.

      On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 2:06 PM, suresh babu <sureshbabuirs@...>wrote:

      > Dear Maryouri, Pradeep, and Thang Tung,
      >
      > Thanks for your valuable inputs. It will be useful one for me.
      >
      > Thanks a lot once again.
      >
      > With Regards,
      > Dr.P. Suresh Babu
      >
      > Researcher
      > DHI Water & Environment (S) Pte Ltd
      > 200 Pandan Loop
      > #08-03 Pantech 21
      > Singapore 128388
      > Email: psb@...
      > www.dhigroup.com
    • Murthy Bachu
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9, 2010
        You can check with HEC-GEORAS extension to extract cross-sections from the
        elevation data.

        Regards,
        Murthy.