Re: atmospheric moisture content

  • rp_nachi
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009
      Somesh

      For some useful calculators and basics pl. visit:

      http://www.natmus.dk/cons/tp/atmcalc/atmocalc.htm
      http://www.natmus.dk/cons/tp/atmcalc/atmoclc1.htm

      to source raw data from IMD pl. visit Dr. KSR - a wealth of knowledge living next door!

      regards

      --- In hydforum@yahoogroups.com, "MS RAO" <somesh@...> wrote:

      > Dear members,
      >
      > I am analyzing atmospheric moisture at Roorkee by isotopic means and trying to relate it to the direction of atmospheric moisture movement and its humidity content. Can any one help me out to get raw data on total atmospheric moisture content at Delhi for the last two years on daily basis. If Met. Dept., New Delhi from its satellite based IR data can provide this information for the last two years data then I would like to purchase the data. But again I do not know whether the raw data itself contains information on the daily data of the total atmospheric moisture content or I have to derive this information by some means from the available data. Any help in this regard (with respect to the source of data, data purchase, how to derive the required information, publication etc) is highly appreciated.
      >
      > M. S. Rao
      > NIH, Roorkee

    • MS RAO
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2009
        Dr. Nachiappan,

        Thank you very much for your suggessions. I will certainly consult Dr. KSR. I was actually looking for total atmospheric moisture content suspended over few kilometers of altitude over Roorkee. Since air density varies with altitude (and it also has seasonal and diurnal variations) above ground surface I do not know how to integrate mositure content from ground surface to ~3km height from the met data taken at the ground level. Dr. KSR has a paper on it a few decades back. I will try to explore the details.

        With regards,
        (MSRao)