Re: alpha and beta measurements & medical hydrology

  • R Rands
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2008
      Hi Ninad,

      I cannot comment usefully here, beyond giving my opinion that a health
      physicist would be the person to answer your questions, and that answers
      about methods and instrumentation would depend on the particular situation
      you described.

      Cheers,
      Robert
      From: Ninad Bodhankar

      Messages

      4a. Re: Fw: concernig medical hydrogeology
      Posted by: "Ninad Bodhankar" ninad_bodhankar@... ninad_bodhankar
      Date: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:43 pm ((PDT))

      Thanks for sharing the information. I fail to understand how the alpha- and
      beta- activity is measured? My concern is that, the GM counter indicates the
      presence, but how to ascertain the activity in terms of measurement? Have
      you worked on measurement of natural radiation levels in groundwater or at
      contaminated sites? What are the instruments required? Your reply will help
      me.

      Regards,
      Ninad Bodhankar

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 2008
        Hi all,

        I am looking for a document/site etc for the design and components of a typical RO water treatment plant.

        Any help is highly appreciated.

        Hash.