Rainfall Runoff relationships

  • nina dhamge
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
      Hallo members,

      I am planning to do PhD in Rainfall Runoff relationship for the area of Wainganga basin partly in MP & partly i Maharashtra.
      Has this type of study been already done?
      How to find out?
      Does CWC has done it?
      What can I do in this field? I want to submitt my synopsis by mid Jan.
      Please help.

      N Dhamge
      Sr. Lecturer
      KDK Engg.College Nagpur.
    • Neelakantaiah Kousik
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2007
        Hi

        It is very good choice.Right from Dooge,Chow,Kulandaswamy,Linseley,we have lot many great authors who have great contributions in this field.Rainfall Runoff relationship to say more simple but to show more informative and intricate in the applied hydrology.Wainaganga which is also called as Pranahita is a good basin.Gosikhurd is the major storage under construction in this basin.The overall availability of water and its constructive use to meet the demand and how to have optimum water use by intra basin transfer need to be covered in the study> therefore the topic for the study need to be decided based on the overall study coverage and not in simple term like one you have mentioned.There exists wide appreciation for any constructive study where one pin points any modes for optimum water use with maximum area coverage.

        wishing you good luck
        K.Neelakantaiah

        nina dhamge <ninadhamge@...> wrote: Hallo members,