StormNet

  • real
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31, 2006
      Has some used this Urban Drainage software if yes I will like to know
      there experience vs other hydrology software they have used. I am
      looking for one that does both the Pond routing/ detention (which
      design the Orifice )and Conveyance in one program. My budget is 3000
      $ . I have used XP SWMM but it is expensive and suits bigger basin as
      it takes a while to set up the model
      Thanks in advance
    • Chris Brooker
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hi
        Try PCSWMM from Computational Hydraulics in Guelph, Canada.
        "www.computationalhydraulics.com"

        Regards
        Chris

        At 12:23 AM 01/06/06, you wrote:
        >Has some used this Urban Drainage software if yes I will like to know
        >there experience vs other hydrology software they have used. I am
        >looking for one that does both the Pond routing/ detention (which
        >design the Orifice )and Conveyance in one program. My budget is 3000
        >$ . I have used XP SWMM but it is expensive and suits bigger basin as
        >it takes a while to set up the model
        >Thanks in advance
      • Teunis op ten Noort
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2006
          Hi,

          You can find the compltetly EPA updated Windows version of SWMM
          (public domain) on

          http://www.epa.gov/ednnrmrl/models/swmm/index.htm

          Regards, Teunis

          On 01/06/06, Chris Brooker <cbrooker@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          > Try PCSWMM from Computational Hydraulics in Guelph, Canada.
          > "www.computationalhydraulics.com"
          >
          > Regards
          > Chris
          >
          > At 12:23 AM 01/06/06, you wrote:
          > >Has some used this Urban Drainage software if yes I will like to know
          > >there experience vs other hydrology software they have used. I am
          > >looking for one that does both the Pond routing/ detention (which
          > >design the Orifice )and Conveyance in one program. My budget is 3000
          > >$ . I have used XP SWMM but it is expensive and suits bigger basin as
          > >it takes a while to set up the model
          > >Thanks in advance
        • Man Mohan Prajapat
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2006
            Why don't you try Haestad Methods (Now in Bentley Systems) software:

            Pond Pack
            StormCAD
            CivilStrom

            Pond Detention, routing, orifice design all are taken care in these.

            I am using these since last year
            But if you buy all three, it will be a slight over budget.
            I suggest you try 'Civil Strom' it is all in one.

            ______________
            Thanks and Regards,
            Manmohan Prajapat
            Water Resources Engineer
            India
            mmprajapat@...
            ________________

            On 6/1/06, real <fullah77@...> wrote:

            > Has some used this Urban Drainage software if yes I will like to know
            > there experience vs other hydrology software they have used. I am
            > looking for one that does both the Pond routing/ detention (which
            > design the Orifice )and Conveyance in one program. My budget is 3000
            > $ . I have used XP SWMM but it is expensive and suits bigger basin as
            > it takes a while to set up the model
            > Thanks in advance
          • real
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 13, 2006
              Well we have used them we want a progam that does both in one go
              that is detention /routing and pipe conveyance and that is done in
              StormNEt. Pond pack does the routing but does not do the conveyance
              as it is done in Stormcad . Does any one have experience with BOSS
              customer service as we are purchasing it and hope there support is
              good in after we purchase
              Thanks for your input

              --- In hydforum@yahoogroups.com, "Man Mohan Prajapat"

              <mmprajapat@...> wrote:

              > Why don't you try Haestad Methods (Now in Bentley Systems)
              software:

              > Pond Pack
              > StormCAD
              > CivilStrom
              >
              > Pond Detention, routing, orifice design all are taken care in
              these.

              > I am using these since last year
              > But if you buy all three, it will be a slight over budget.
              > I suggest you try 'Civil Strom' it is all in one.
              >
              > ______________
              > Thanks and Regards,
              > Manmohan Prajapat
              > Water Resources Engineer
              > India
              > mmprajapat@...
              > ________________
              >
              > On 6/1/06, real <fullah77@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Has some used this Urban Drainage software if yes I will like to
              know
              > > there experience vs other hydrology software they have used. I am
              > > looking for one that does both the Pond routing/ detention
              (which
              > > design the Orifice )and Conveyance in one program. My budget is
              3000
              > > $ . I have used XP SWMM but it is expensive and suits bigger
              basin as
              > > it takes a while to set up the model
              > > Thanks in advance

            • avaz sarlak
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 13, 2006
                HI

                I also would like to be know more about urban
                hydrology. So the hydrological software which has
                enough ability to consider drainage canals in
                estimation of flood characteristics, and it is not
                costly please inform me. You are thanked in av danced.

                --- real <fullah77@...> wrote:

                > Has some used this Urban Drainage software if yes I
                > will like to know
                > there experience vs other hydrology software they
                > have used. I am
                > looking for one that does both the Pond routing/
                > detention (which
                > design the Orifice )and Conveyance in one program.
                > My budget is 3000
                > $ . I have used XP SWMM but it is expensive and
                > suits bigger basin as
                > it takes a while to set up the model
                > Thanks in advance
              • Alan A. Smith
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 13, 2006
                  To become more familiar about the hydrology commonly used for
                  stormwater management you may visit
                  <http://www.miduss.com/resources.htm> and browse the various topics
                  on 'Theory'. Also, you
                  may download a Reference Manual of some 350 pp at no cost from the
                  same page under the heading
                  "MIDUSS Manuals"

                  Best of luck.
                  Alan A. Smith