HI

  • mindi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2004
      Hi i am new to the group. i am going on 18 in febuary. my mother has
      huntington's disease she is in a nursing home in lowel mass. she was
      diagnosed about 3 years ago now. i was 15 when i found out about this
      trouble disease that is know just an eveyday thing. when i first
      found out i was glued to the computer and the internet to find out
      information on the disease. my family use to have to unplug the
      computer so that i would go to bed. they soon gave up and i soon
      decided that i need to sleep. i live in New Hampshire. my family and
      i just last year started a hoop-a-thon in my mother name to raise
      money for a cure. i sometimes wanna find out if i have it or not. i
      am the kinda of person who rather adopt a child then bring one into
      this world that might have to go through what i have been through. i
      have a cousin that is 16 right know his mom my aunt started showing
      signs just one year ago and it is so hard for him to coup with this.
      he does not really talk to anyone about. sometimes i manage to get
      something out of him about what is wrong. i will have 2 nefews and
      one we don't know about. at the end of june. who are all at risk....
      back on the wanting to find out. i would rather live my life to the
      fullest and not waste anytime woundering if i have the disease. and
      my top most thing is i don't wanna bring a baby into this world if it
      has the slightest chance of having the disease i see no reason for me
      to think any diffrent. i am thinking about going into the army. and
      to college. i want to live my life to the fullest and the best....
      thanks for reading this.

      Mindi