Re: Back Again.

  • sgh1405
    Message 1 of 398 , Dec 21, 2001
      Hi Donny,<br><br>I'm really sorry to hear your
      test came out positive. I've just signed up to this,
      my dad tested positive 2 mths ago and am waiting for
      a test appointment myself now. I seem to have been
      waiting ages and sometimes I feel like I'm going out of
      my mind not knowing, at least when I have a result I
      can deal with it, on the other hand I think sometimes
      maybe I would be better off living in blissful
      ignorance. It's great to have good people around you, due to
      the stigma attached to mental illness I have been so
      reluctant to discuss Huntingtons with anyone but my closest
      friends, and believe me it took me a while to do that, but
      I was glad when I did as all were very supportive.
      As you well know it's one hell of a thing to try and
      deal with, it's bad enough seeing my dad ill without
      considering the consequences for my brother and
      myself.<br><br>Take care and have a good xmas and new year.
    • susie_que_56
      Message 398 of 398 , Jan 29, 2002
        Hi Abigail nice to see you here talking out your
        feelings. I am not at Risk but I have 2 sons who are and my
        husband had HD. Everyone says how scary it is to have HD
        and I know that they are telling the truth but to be
        at risk has to be its own hell. There is always the
        thought of do I have it, is this the starting of it, will
        I be like my Mom or Dad, or will I even know if it
        has started. These thoughts will be forever in your
        mind to worry you. It is a presonal thing to test and
        I feel it has to be your decision, which you say it
        is something you have to do. So you just go for it
        and know we are here for you. And feel free to let it
        out any time! <br><br>Susie