New Albany Support Group

  • rochester_center
    Message 1 of 398 , Jul 6, 2001
      Hi Everyone! I work at the University of
      Rochester, NY where we have an HD Center of Excellence. For
      those of you in the Albany area we are starting up a
      new support group that will be held on July 18th at
      7:30pm. The group will be held at the Center for the
      Disabled (room 217) on South Manning Road in Albany. Those
      affected with HD, their caregivers, and those at risk are
      invited and encouraged to attend. <br><br>Thanks!
    • susie_que_56
      Message 398 of 398 , Jan 29 4:55 PM
        Hi Abigail nice to see you here talking out your
        feelings. I am not at Risk but I have 2 sons who are and my
        husband had HD. Everyone says how scary it is to have HD
        and I know that they are telling the truth but to be
        at risk has to be its own hell. There is always the
        thought of do I have it, is this the starting of it, will
        I be like my Mom or Dad, or will I even know if it
        has started. These thoughts will be forever in your
        mind to worry you. It is a presonal thing to test and
        I feel it has to be your decision, which you say it
        is something you have to do. So you just go for it
        and know we are here for you. And feel free to let it
        out any time! <br><br>Susie