Comin 2 terms with being diagnosed

  • jwoody702002
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23 9:14 AM
      I have just turned 20 at the begining of April, its 18 months since i
      was diagnosed as having HD. I have spent those 18 months blocking the
      truth out. Getting drunk all the times i could really anything i
      could do without having to think about it.
      I know what it is all about cos my grandfather has died of it my
      mother has moderately and my uncle has it very bad.
      I have tried talkin to friends n family about it but they just don't
      understand. My friends have been great apart from the fac they don't
      know how i feels. I have two brothers one 25 how's had the tests and
      came back negative and the other who is 22 and is refusing to have
      anything to do with it at all he's says if he's got he's got it n
      he'll find out in due course. Yeah its true i feel angry but i don't
      know were to but this anger at n what to take it out on most the time
      it ends up me havin a go at someone for the smallest thing n i feel
      stupid after wards. Any advice
    • frannie1996
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23 11:06 AM
        hi, i was your age when i got diagnosed with it am 23 now
        it is hard with noone knowing what your going through. do you have
        symptoms already, i do. my father died of it a year ago
        > I have just turned 20 at the begining of April, its 18 months
        since i
        > was diagnosed as having HD. I have spent those 18 months blocking
        the
        > truth out. Getting drunk all the times i could really anything i
        > could do without having to think about it.
        > I know what it is all about cos my grandfather has died of it my
        > mother has moderately and my uncle has it very bad.
        > I have tried talkin to friends n family about it but they just
        don't
        > understand. My friends have been great apart from the fac they
        don't
        > know how i feels. I have two brothers one 25 how's had the tests
        and
        > came back negative and the other who is 22 and is refusing to have
        > anything to do with it at all he's says if he's got he's got it n
        > he'll find out in due course. Yeah its true i feel angry but i
        don't
        > know were to but this anger at n what to take it out on most the
        time
        > it ends up me havin a go at someone for the smallest thing n i
        feel
        > stupid after wards. Any advice
      • James Wood
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23 3:45 PM
          No symptons yet but i ain't expecting them yet either all of my family have developed it late on so at the moment i am just trying to organise my life more n get the stuff i want to do out of the way now so i have no regrets later. What symptons have u been getting then n how long for.
          frannie1996 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote: hi, i was your age when i got diagnosed with it am 23 now
          it is hard with noone knowing what your going through. do you have
          symptoms already, i do. my father died of it a year ago
          > I have just turned 20 at the begining of April, its 18 months
          since i
          > was diagnosed as having HD. I have spent those 18 months blocking
          the
          > truth out. Getting drunk all the times i could really anything i
          > could do without having to think about it.
          > I know what it is all about cos my grandfather has died of it my
          > mother has moderately and my uncle has it very bad.
          > I have tried talkin to friends n family about it but they just
          don't
          > understand. My friends have been great apart from the fac they
          don't
          > know how i feels. I have two brothers one 25 how's had the tests
          and
          > came back negative and the other who is 22 and is refusing to have
          > anything to do with it at all he's says if he's got he's got it n
          > he'll find out in due course. Yeah its true i feel angry but i
          don't
          > know were to but this anger at n what to take it out on most the
          time
          > it ends up me havin a go at someone for the smallest thing n i
          feel
          > stupid after wards. Any advice

        • ivanmshd12001
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 24 7:20 AM
            -it takes time to come to terms I still have not:

            my disabilits mood swings memory problems speach walking

            if you have a local hd care coordinator the can help:
            I use a councillor to help with my feelings

            I HOPE THIS HELPS
          • ivanmshd12001
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 25 6:59 AM
              I STILL HAVE NOT COME TO TERMS