wassup

  • Oz_Shannon
    Message 1 of 642 , Nov 3, 2001
      the subject of huntingtons keeps comming up in
      one of my classes at school(phsyc)and for some reason
      it just pisses me off every time. anyway i'm
      weird.<br> i'm new to this club, so whuts up all?<br>i guess
      i should tell my connection to hd, my brother is in
      advanced stages of jhd and my sister is in the mid stages
      i think of jhd. my other sister has been showing
      alot of signs, infact its more than signs. she walks
      differant now, talks differant and alot of other things. i
      have been trying to gently get my mom to agree that my
      sister has it, but it is hard for her. at this point i
      think it is important to have her tested well she can
      still understand it all. how can i convince my mom that
      we need to do this? or is she right? she thinks
      people get more sick when they have it in their minds
      that they have something. even though hd is obviously
      huge in my family, nobody discusses it. sometimes i
      think i am going to go crazy because i mean this is
      real, we can't just ignore it and hope its not real. my
      sister has a baby who is 3 and a half, she lives with us
      because my sister just can't do it, the baby is
      practically mine i feed her, dress, her, watch her,
      everything and i just can't stand to think she might get
      this. how do you guys face this stuff and how do you
      get other people too?<br>sorry guys i just rant
      sometimes when i am frustrated.<br>peace
    • jaded_amethystuk
      Message 642 of 642 , Jan 28, 2002
        Hi im new here and im dealing with HD too which
        is why im looking here for some support. my mum died
        of HD recently and im at risk too, just really
        scared. ive known since i was 14, im now 23 and
        apparently able to cope with the enormity of this. i want to
        go to uni ad be a normal 23 year old but i cant, i
        couldnt handleworking so hard at someting i want so much
        then losing it, same for reationships - i cant stay
        ith people for long in case i get too atatched then
        losing them when they realise what could
        happen.<br>thanx for listening to a angry scared little
        girl.<br><br>Abigail