Re: newbie

  • susie_que_56
    Message 1 of 642 , Oct 1, 2000
      Hello Ed and welcome to the club. I am sorry to
      hear about your friend. If wishes were gold we would
      all be rich.... but we have to take what life gives
      us don't we. We pick our friends hopeing that we
      will have them forever, then something comes along and
      takes our friends from us. Ed to still feel this way
      you had to be a very good friend indeed to him. That
      is so rare in this disease, most not all usually
      just float away from the person with HD. And they are
      left to wonder what happened to their friends.
      is a place to do just that. We will undersand and
      try to help you through your rough days. Or just your
      lonely days when you think of him and just need to talk.
      You know he is with you free of HD and watching over
      you and his family. It is not easy to lose a friend
      or a family member to HD as it leaves a gaping hole
      in you that is hard to fill. But you always have
      your memories to go back to as no one can take them
      from you. Ed bless you for being his friend and know
      we are all here for you too...<br><br>Susie
    • jaded_amethystuk
      Message 642 of 642 , Jan 28, 2002
        Hi im new here and im dealing with HD too which
        is why im looking here for some support. my mum died
        of HD recently and im at risk too, just really
        scared. ive known since i was 14, im now 23 and
        apparently able to cope with the enormity of this. i want to
        go to uni ad be a normal 23 year old but i cant, i
        couldnt handleworking so hard at someting i want so much
        then losing it, same for reationships - i cant stay
        ith people for long in case i get too atatched then
        losing them when they realise what could
        happen.<br>thanx for listening to a angry scared little
        girl.<br><br>Abigail