Re: Testing for HD

  • jahnnie
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2008
      Not sure where you live, however, a positive diagnosis will make you
      ineligible for Long Term Care Insurance as well. Not to say that there
      aren't a few nice state run facilities for closer to the end, but if
      you have LTC Insurance your family will have greater choices. If you
      haven't already had some conseling, I'd get a few sessions in before
      the test. Also, the day of the test is nervewrackingas well as day of
      diagnosis- make sure you have a strong support person along with you.

      My Thoughts and Prayers will be with you

      --- In
      huntingtonsdiseasesupportclub@yahoogroups.com, "susan_smith34567"
      <susan_smith34567@...> wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,
      >
      > I am going to be tested for HD in a couple of weeks. I was
      wondering,
      > if I test positive, what kinds of things will I not be eligible for?
      > The University where I am being tested suggested I get Life Insurance
      > before I test. Are there other things that I won't be able to
      obtain?
      > I have health insurance. Any information you can give me will be
      > greatly appreciated, as well as any other personal experiences
      > regarding being tested that you would feel comfortable sharing.
      >
      > Thanks!

    • susan_smith34567
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2008
        Thanks to everyone who has responded to my inquiries. I appreciate
        your time and thoughts.

        Susan

        --- In huntingtonsdiseasesupportclub@yahoogroups.com, "jahnnie"