update on my friend

  • John Yoder
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2004
      Dear Friends,
      The results were delayed, but the bad news came on
      Friday. Mary has HD, and is devastated. Her family is
      barely involved, and her boyfriend isn't involved at
      all. I am on the outside as a friend at work. The
      information I gathered for her on meds wasn't even
      given to or discussed with the Dr. She was prescribed
      Reserpine for chorea. Even though I found out that it
      is likely to make voluntary movements worse, and could
      decrease her functional well being, she is placing
      much hope in it. She tells me she wants to go to a
      support group, and doesn't seem to have any interest
      in the online kind. The nearest one is an hour from
      here. I would be willing to organize one here if I
      knew how. Oh well. I am depressed because as a friend
      my usefullness seems very limited. I would appreciate
      any advice on how to start a local support group. I
      find much comfort and strength in my e-family, thank
      you all for being there.
      John
      Lincoln, NE

      http://search.yahoo.com